McMurray Assortment Chick Guessing Fun

I would especially like to figure out what my little penguins are. They are black on top and yellow underneath with yellow spot at top of wing and they have black beaks and legs. Very friendly. I am hoping most of them are girls!

I do realize that McMurray's are not that true to breed. I am just having fun with these. Pets that lay eggs! In the past I have had bantams (that was long ago and I didn't know different breeds they were all just small colorful chickens), RIR, buff orpingtons, and silkies (those were from a breeder). Been a while, excited to have chickens again!

Sumatra is a possibility

@Pandapaws23 That's what what I was thinking as well haven't looked closely at the combs yet. I have two with no spot and no white coming in on wings don't know about them yet.

Last edited:
@HTChick . They are doing well. All getting feathered out. My little penguins now have white stripes and some look mottled. Still have two that haven't changed much. I'll take a pic when I get home. My little exotic is a top hat I think. They seem healthy that's what counts.

Yes, for me healthy is what counts as well. I have had a bit of trouble with afew pasty butts but in reading the thread on here (so helpful) discovered that I was continuing sugar water too long. Discontinuing that, a little boiled egg, grinding up he starter and adding some probiotics is clearing it up fast. Would love a pic!

Feeling blessed today. All of my chicks are still alive and thriving. They are starting to be quite different in size and personalities. They are a little over two weeks old so I am only starting to suspect a few roos but in another week or two, I think I will be able to see that more. Thank you for all your help, this forum has been invaluable!

Through the day I am going to post some updated pics of some of my chicks which are now nearly 4 weeks old. Still have all of them and they are doing so well, I am thrilled. We are working on their outside yard today. Going to use a large igloo dog house for a temporary coop so that we can get them outsides on nicer days. Weather is variable this time of year here in west Texas, still have some warm pretty days though naturally today is a very brisk chilly wind for the people to work in.

Here are a beautiful pair, pretty sure hen and roo but I have no idea of breed. They are among the largest in the flock. Sweet and docile.

Back
Top Bottom