Me again, goose pricing advice!

Well shoot, my timing is narrowly terrible then. I've just the Muscovies and Pilgrim geese. I have other animals that aren't poultry, but that's it for birds.
While, she is coming with cash in hand, and it would be a horrible thing to do, possibly making me look bad and loosing bird in hand I'm more inclined to go with you because what I want is more color in my muscovy flock. I just need to make sure that you don't have any mules or hennies (muscovy mixed with other duck species) and that you won't burn me and ghost me.
me please.

Last edited:
I'll happily trade you for some really dumb black ducks 😜
We actually had a change of heart and got her a gander, she is sitting in 4 eggs right now. If we get a gosling out of that I will be surprised. We also got some African goslings and they are parenting the little ones. I'll let you know once everyone gets bigger in case you have more of those dumb black ducks, I love them 😆

Hi everyone!! I have a pilgrim goose that lost its boyfriend to a predator a few months ago. She is about 2 years old, she is thriving among the ducks but I feel she would be happier among other geese or at least with a partner. The problem is that my husband doesn't want more geese. I have been trying to swap the goose for some ducklings but no one seems to have the breed of ducks I want (muscovy). If I were to sell her in order to fund the ducks I want, what do you all think a 2 year old pilgrim goose could be sold for? I'm near east Orlando in florida for reference in case it is helpful. I already searched the local Craigslist but I didn't find any geese of these breed, I found some Chinese goose for $75 but I don't know if the breed makes any difference. I don't have much experience with this. Thank you in advance.
I like how your goose pooped right were someone has to step to get in the car… typical goose move 🤣

We actually had a change of heart and got her a gander, she is sitting in 4 eggs right now. If we get a gosling out of that I will be surprised. We also got some African goslings and they are parenting the little ones. I'll let you know once everyone gets bigger in case you have more of those dumb black ducks, I love them 😆
I'm glad you decided to keep her!! I am sure you are a great goose mom! We love our Africans. Our gander is always stealing duck and chicken eggs trying to sit on them. His wife has not started laying yet. As for the ducks, we do love all of ours, but these guys just don't seem to understand how to be ducks...

Adult geese should be sold around $25-$50, which is a fair price. Goslings from online bought hatcheries are around $20 because of the age and much m,ore factors, adults should be less or around the same price. Anything more than that makes is less likely for someone to want to purchase/adopt her... Plus, it's a lot to ask for when shes a very common goose breed and an adult. Females usually can be sold for a little more than males because they can produce the eggs. You can charge any price you want or feel is appropriate. I've also seen common breed adult geese cost close to $100. Hope that helps!
I wouldn't call Pilgrim Geese common at all. They are listed with the livestock conservancy as a Threatened breed. A quick look at hatcheries, the female gosslings go for around $60+.

I'm glad you decided to keep her!! I am sure you are a great goose mom! We love our Africans. Our gander is always stealing duck and chicken eggs trying to sit on them. His wife has not started laying yet. As for the ducks, we do love all of ours, but these guys just don't seem to understand how to be ducks...
So funny about the ducks! What breed are they?

So funny about the ducks! What breed are they?
They are mixed. Look like runners. They constantly beat up on each other. They even pick fights with my big geese. I keep separating them, making sure they have some type of entertainment, etc. They just insist on being dumb, lol

Back
Top Bottom