Meal worms vs. Black solder fly larve

I give each of my girls a few dried BSFL every month. But i dont go over that. They are very high in fat. A treat i recommend is wetting their feed. Its feed so you can feed them as much as you want.

I am not saying I am over feeding them. I just want to know the problem with mealworms. I know they are high in fat I know they are chickens junk food
Fat is the only problem I know about.
If there is another problem with them, I have not heard of it.

You didn't say how many mealworms or black soldier fly larva you were feeding or planning to feed, and overfeeding with them is easy to do, so we were warning to be careful.

Fat is the only problem I know about.
If there is another problem with them, I have not heard of it.

You didn't say how many mealworms or black soldier fly larva you were feeding or planning to feed, and overfeeding with them is easy to do, so we were warning to be careful.
I meant problem like bacteria and such and I didn't think I had to specify my feeding habits for that

I recently had heard that mealworms are bad for chickens šŸ” is this true if sobare BSFL any better? I want my babies to be healthy and happy so please help.
I don't think giving your chicken a mealworm is bad. It just needs to have moderation. But in my case, I now used BSFL over mealworm. It has similar nutrients, but mealworm has no calcium than BSFL, and we know that calcium is essential in the development of our chickens. And I find a store that is way cheaper than mealworm and guarantees that has no China craps. You may check it here.

Back
Top Bottom