Meanest king snake,I've ever met,lol.

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
Caught this big ole king snake,stealing eggs
barnie.gif
I don't mind really,they eat poisonous snakes & mice etc.This one was just mean,he thought he was a rattlesnake,shaking his tail & striking at me & Rex. Well, I decided to move him down to the bayou,the ducks would have totally freaked if they saw him.He was striking thru the wire & Rexy was protecting me.
love.gif

216_100_5501.jpg

I'm guessing he was about 4 ft long.
I got the snake on this cypress limb took him to the water,he kept moving towards me & I'd have to switch sides
lau.gif

216_100_5526.jpg

Great that you didn't kill him but relocated. Hope he has a long and happy life away from you and your chickies. What a good Rexy!

Thanks, I love snakes,even the poisonous ones ( from a distance),lol.
The waterfront is 100 ft from the coop or so, I'm sure he'll be around again.

He was actually the meanest Ratsnake you have ever met. lol Their defensive attitude and displays put Kingsnakes to shame.
lol.png

The two ratsnakes I had to relocate put on a show worthy of any rattler I've ever seen!

The weird thing was that both of them were tapping their tail against the metal on the side of the coop, (and then the garbage can in which they temporarily resided, on the way to their new home) and DANGED if they didn't SOUND like rattlers, to boot!

Quote:
My captive ratsnakes do that if they are startled when they are trying to eat. They rattle the tip of their tail really fast against any object nearby. I've had several people hear that when meeting my snakes for the first time, and they complet ely freak out thinking I have Rattlesnakes.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom