Meet are little stinkers...

Apr 12, 2011
So we begin this adventure in the chicken world with 4 Sexlinks, 4 Banties and 1 EE. They are around 2 weeks, give and take a couple days.

Here is a Bantie that we are curious about. We were told this one may be a rooster. We are also wondering what breed the parents were. He has a tuff of feather on top of his head and is the same size as our Sexlinks and EE. Do you all think he really is a Bantie?

Picture taken at 1week of age:
86337_img_0506.jpg

Picture taken at 2 weeks of age:
86337_img_0542.jpg

And here's the other members of the "Comptons great adventure flock".

My daughter is holding one of the other Banties and the 2 yellow/orange chicks by her feet are the sexlinks. We aren't sure of the breeds:
86337_img_0522.jpg

Our EE who is a bossy little thing and the other 2 sexlinks:
86337_img_0523.jpg

Looks almost like my polish did! I had to re-home her since I was lied to about her she was bantam and polish all my other chickens are standard size.. She had the little cotton ball on her head then wen she started to feather out she got spikes on her head that turned into the best Snooki poof I've ever seen! as for it being a roo idk.. If it does turn out to be a polish or something similar from what I've seen girls have nice round poof boys a bit scraggly looking... as for if its a banty Id go no if its the same size as your normal size chicks... my banty was less than half the size of my other chicks at 2weeks old.. Good luck!

Thanks Nystra!

My other 3 Banties are no doubt so. But I figured with this little guys size he couldn't be a Bantie even though he/she was in the Bantie bin at TSC. I'll have to look up the Polish breed. I can't wait to see what he/she looks like full grown. It should be interesting
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom