Meet Tucker!

Tucker now weighs about 28-30lbs. He is 15 weeks old and we just had his first obedience class. We did some attention work, and basic introductions to everyone and everything we would be learning/doing! There were 2 other goldens and a few goldendoodles. Along with some mixed breeds that were very barky.

Tuckee has obedience class yesterday! It went super well except for a ACD that lunged at him, and tried bitting him, he was big enough he could have bit his head off. He knows how to sit(which is sitting and not moving till i say free). He also is catching on to come and his name super well.
20230216_101044.jpg

Sorry i havent updated in a while. Tucker is 5 months old and weighs 32lbs. I thought for a few weeks he wasnt a purebred golden, but the DNA test confirmed he was purebred. He is definitely getting better at listening, but he would rather be running and walking then inside. Luckily we have had 60 degree weather, its been beautiful! Ill have to get some pictures!

Thank you! Since he was UPD on all his shots i took him to a feed store and he did great! He picked out a toy as his reward! He loves everyone he has met and im going to take him to a local park that no one has been at for a few weeks to introduce him to that environment. Then a vet visit will help his experience to. He hasnt been scared anywhere yet, and noises dont bother him. I actually was able to get him to focus better not at our house.
Skip the dog park. Those have to be the worst experiences for dogs. Too many dogs over the years have been injured. That isn’t though the reason for my reply.

I had a golden that I started bird training with. Basic obedience is a must and an absolute recall is must. Dogs new to hunting started on pigeons where I was at the time. But now that I raise quail, dead quail would work better as they are more natural to the environment. You could raise a few quail for yourself then freeze them for later use. Training starts early but don’t be disappointed if your dog doesn’t show interest at first and depending on the lines your dog came from may never show interest. Most have bred out the hunt desire for the pet trade. I wanted to get a true hunting golden but at that time, it was near impossible. I found that’s why most who started with golden went to labs.

Skip the dog park. Those have to be the worst experiences for dogs. Too many dogs over the years have been injured. That isn’t though the reason for my reply.

I had a golden that I started bird training with. Basic obedience is a must and an absolute recall is must. Dogs new to hunting started on pigeons where I was at the time. But now that I raise quail, dead quail would work better as they are more natural to the environment. You could raise a few quail for yourself then freeze them for later use. Training starts early but don’t be disappointed if your dog doesn’t show interest at first and depending on the lines your dog came from may never show interest. Most have bred out the hunt desire for the pet trade. I wanted to get a true hunting golden but at that time, it was near impossible. I found that’s why most who started with golden went to labs.
I dont go to dog parks, i went to a kids playground/park. He is good with recall and i have started on retrieving and tracking, i will be getting pheasant from a friend for this training to. I wish there were more field bred lines of goldens around.

Tucker is now 8 months old and definitely knows how to get into trouble. He started counter/table surfing. So we need to immediately fix that. And he now can salute, sit without being asked when i stop, place, paw, heel, we are working on down and roll over! I think he is at his adult weight which is 50lbs!

Tucker is almost 11 months old and still about 50lbs! After we got through the terrible puppy stage, he has been behaving very well, and can walk offleash!! We got the barking under control.
20230926_075327.jpg
20230919_091732.jpg

Attachments

• 20230919_091736.jpg
    20230919_091736.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 1
Tucker turned a year old! And he got a pupcookie for his birthday. Then he had a allergic reaction to something.
He weighs around 55 lbs now.
He was a little gunshy but we are working through it and he is getting a lot better. He now retrieves at around 100ft. And he can find anything i hide!
20231106_103049.jpg

Tucker turned a year old! And he got a pupcookie for his birthday. Then he had a allergic reaction to something.
He weighs around 55 lbs now.
He was a little gunshy but we are working through it and he is getting a lot better. He now retrieves at around 100ft. And he can find anything i hide!
View attachment 3684253
So cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom