MEMBRANE DRYING my temp & humidity says its perfect.

audreymarie

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hi!! So i had My first little pip today on basically end of day 19 but now we are into day 20 and only the beak is sticking out. But not much else has happened in 6 hours.... i can see the membrane has gone from kinda see through to more of a paper white and I’m not sure what’s happening!! The temp is at 99.5 and the humidity is at 65-70%.... should i raise it even more?? The chick was chirping but now it just kind moves its mouth like chickens do when they are too hot! I’m so confused.

I know this part can take a while so I’m not trying to rush the little one but i dont want it to get stuck either!!

Attachments

• B1929F32-4215-48DE-9275-7D5892C0E53B.png
    B1929F32-4215-48DE-9275-7D5892C0E53B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
That's normal. It's breathing some fresh air and absorbing its yolk sac. It takes up to 24 hours after first pip to hatch.
If you mess with it before it is ready it will die.

That's normal. It's breathing some fresh air and absorbing its yolk sac. It takes up to 24 hours after first pip to hatch.
If you mess with it before it is ready it will die.

Oh no i wont mess with it at all! The thought of having to do that on my first hatch scares me! I know that I would mess it all up and it would die, so if it isn’t going to make it on it’s own, no need to stress myself out over figuring out how to do the right thing this time around and instead just let nature take its course! I just needed some better seasoned hatchers to tell me everything was okay 😊😊

65-70% humidity is right on.
It's opening its mouth like that because it is absorbing the yolk sac, so everything is normal.
At the initial pip it always turns a different color. When it's ready probably tomorrow afternoon it will start chipping away and start unzipping.

65-70% humidity is right on.
It's opening its mouth like that because it is absorbing the yolk sac, so everything is normal.
At the initial pip it always turns a different color. When it's ready probably tomorrow afternoon it will start chipping away and start unzipping.

Is it okay that it pipped so much?? And before it took in all the yolk sac? I’m scared to go to bed and wake up to a quitter 😭

Yes normal as it gets!
Hatching is nerve wracking stuff right lol!
Right now that baby is on instinctual autopilot soon involuntary neck spasms will turn the little ones head into a jackhammer chipping away.
The chick will rotate during this time taking rests when needed.
Then when enough chipping is done it will burst out and immediately have a nap.
They know what to do, relax and be patient.
You'll see soon, and be amazed at the coolness of it.:)
Is it okay that it pipped so much?? And before it took in all the yolk sac? I’m scared to go to bed and wake up to a quitter 😭

Yes normal as it gets!
Hatching is nerve wracking stuff right lol!
Right now that baby is on instinctual autopilot soon involuntary neck spasms will turn the little ones head into a jackhammer chipping away.
The chick will rotate during this time taking rests when needed.
Then when enough chipping is done it will burst out and immediately have a nap.
They know what to do, relax and be patient.
You'll see soon, and be amazed at the coolness of it.:)

Ahhh i cant wait!! Aside from giving birth to my own babies this is the second coolest thing to be apart of! I’m ready to be a mama hen!!! 😂😂

does absorbing the yolk sac always take 24 hours after the pip or could it happen before? Just want to know if i could expect to wake up to a baby chick in there haha

24 hours is ballpark figure could be a little over or under.
Sometimes they jump the gun and aren't quite done, those ones just nap with their butt in the shell finishing up after hatching.:)
Ahhh i cant wait!! Aside from giving birth to my own babies this is the second coolest thing to be apart of! I’m ready to be a mama hen!!! 😂😂

does absorbing the yolk sac always take 24 hours after the pip or could it happen before? Just want to know if i could expect to wake up to a baby chick in there haha

Back
Top Bottom