Mental Shock After Fox Attack

Look …a. Fox (quite beautiful)-got one of our hens too -(a silkie)-and though I wasn’t happy about it -(and I have a wounded buff Orpington hen who is recovering as yours did )-I can understand that winters are long in Pennsylvania, and a fox needs to eat too.
like I told my husband, as is upsetting as it is when this happens …we just had chicken salad for lunch, and animals get hungry too.
Sorry for your loss, but the fox can’t go to a grocery store and no one is feeding him.

They might have nerves for a while because of the scary chaos of the attack--any predator is going to create a ruckus and the subsequent fear. But it's not seeing the violence that messes them up.

I've seen people cull a chicken with the broomstick method right in the middle of their flock, but because they went about it quietly and calmly, the other chickens didn't even seem to notice.

Your girl will be okay if you just let her have routine and peace & quiet... <3

They might have nerves for a while because of the scary chaos of the attack--any predator is going to create a ruckus and the subsequent fear. But it's not seeing the violence that messes them up.

I've seen people cull a chicken with the broomstick method right in the middle of their flock, but because they went about it quietly and calmly, the other chickens didn't even seem to notice.

Your girl will be okay if you just let her have routine and peace & quiet... <3
She lives on!❤️ She did stay inside for about five days but then went into the chicken yard with the rest of the birds she still looks a little raggedy but other than that she is fine!

Back
Top Bottom