Messages Likes & Trophies

So I've noticed quite a few members with an outrageous number of likes and trophy points, but not really that many messages comparatively (say 15-30 likes per post, totally possible on a few, but not for every single one). Apparently it's because all posts in the Games/Jokes/Fun forum are not included your actual message count.

If that's the case, the likes received and given in the game forum still count toward trophy points. It's very deceiving to see members that have so few messages with so many thousand likes and a very high trophy count.

If the Games/Jokes/Fun forum isn't part of the counting system, shouldn't that section be consistent in all its areas, including likes?
I couldn't figure out how that was happening, but now I know :barnie

There is no limit to likes and I find myself liking A LOT of posts, often just in acknowledgement that I've read it, especially if a response isn't required. Buuuut, sometimes you come across an outstandingly informative post, or a super hilarious or just plain beautiful message that needs special recognition.

If the like:message ratio can't be regulated, I would like to see a "SPECIAL" like button added. This button can have a limit (maybe 1 or 2 per day?) and can lead to possibly a different type of trophy or maybe even a NEW BADGE!!

What do you think??
There are cliques on BYC.... they give each other thumbs up with every post, feelin' like high school all over again! Now, who wants to join me during lunch, I'm tired of hiding in the library and bathroom. :( :p

Back
Top Bottom