Metal coop insulation?

PhantomSlayer

Songster
Aug 22, 2022
Michigan
Long story short we need ideas for insulation that birds wont eat next year lol. This year we gonna make do. It just needs to last us through this crazy weather and we can remove it because its no doubt gonna be molding by spring. But next year definately need something more permanent. Foam is off the table as we don't have the materials to cover it to stop birdzillas from tearing it apart. I saw a few things that say aluminum foil traps heat but its definately to thin and the birds would probably have a fun time shredding something that would probably be dangerous. So I was wondering what about the stuff thats wrapped around like ducts? I don't remember what its called but its reflect and metalic looking and thicker.

Also could really use ideas for covering those pesky holes and gaps that may create drafts. Since again foam is out of the question. Tape?

Might use opened and flattened feed bags.
That's what I used to cover bubble wrap on heated water jug....
.....and the coop shed door that woodpeckers wanted to drill thru.

Might use opened and flattened feed bags.
That's what I used to cover bubble wrap on heated water jug....
.....and the coop shed door that woodpeckers wanted to drill thru.
Thats what were using this winter but I would like a permanent for next winter and following. Its kinda of hard though because again its a metal shed so we cant just staple them onto the shed lol But screwing them in would create even more holes to fill.

Back
Top Bottom