Metzer Farms???

myechostories

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 21, 2012
Hello, has anyone here ever ordered from Metzer Farms? I just ordered 2 swedish blues, 2 cayugas, 2 fawn and white runner, 1 blue runner, and 2buff ducks.
Do they often arrive dead, and if they do will they ship you new ones?

I ordered my geese and ducks from them. All arrived at the post office happy and healthy. My gander was smaller than the geese but now is the biggest. I ordered 3 geese and 7 ducks. We received 3 geese and 8 ducks. They will replace the ducks if they die in the first 24 hours after arrival. A lot of others have had great experience with them as well.

I haven't ordered from them, but I know others have and they really like what they got as well as their customer service. However, I strongly recommend arranging for pickup at your local distribution center and not your post office. You should save a day off shipping if you do that and lessen the risk of death. Many post offices have closed in the last year and some distribution centers have closed or changed as well and may add an extra day to shipping which might be a problem.

I also recommend anyone ordering from any place that is more than a day's shipping from northern California to get the gro-gel in case of shipping delays. They generally don't need to eat the first two days, but if there are any delays, it could be a lifesaver. Metzer's always ships early in the week, so any delays would be the PO's fault and not the hatchery's.

As for it being hot, it might be good to wait until the weather cools down. If anything happens to slow down or delay the truck, it could be a disaster. Last year, dozens of baby waterfowl died when a truck was delayed for inspection and couldn't leave because of a brake problem. They're not allowed to remove the seal on the cargo area and remove the birds and they could overheat and die. But, such mishaps are rare,

these 2 came from metzer farm. 1 doing well and much bigger then the other. The other had wry neck and may be blind it one eye but with extra vitamins she is looking much better . Great customer service I would order from them again.

@rvilla your new babies are adorable! Makes me wish I could have geese, look at those sweet faces. I would try posting this in the geese forum, this one is in the duck forum. You might have better luck with this there. Sweet picture though!!

Back
Top Bottom