metzer layer ducks

EricH

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Valley Springs, ca
Hi guys, i have 4 hens and 2 drakes of the metzer golden 300 layer ducks. They are approx. 12 weeks old and are beautiful birds. Just waiting the impossible wait..... does anybody else have these? couldnt find too much about em in the search.

I have a Female Golden 300...shes like 19 weeks now lol I'm starting to get a bit ansy waiting for those eggs
wink.png
. She is one of the friendliest Ducks in my flock and is much prettier than I expected (I imagined solid brown like a KC)

I have six Golden 300 girls. They really are beautiful birds, they've got excellent temperaments, and by the time they hit 21 weeks of age, they were laying like clockwork. They've done exceptionally well, given that this is the first time that I have raised poultry ever.

I had two until recently (traded em for a sheep, LOL). They were GREAT layers and pretty birds, but flightier and less friendly than my Welsh Harlequins (also Metzer). One was kinda dumb and never laid in a nest. You'd find her egg next to the water tub most of the time. LOL Nice ducks, my heart was just elsewhere.
love.gif

oh awesome, yeah mine are like 12-14 weeks old right now. the drakes were a really nice tanish/whitish with white neck rings and dark blue/purple stripes on their wings... their pattern is now changing to include some bluish gray on their body, really spectacular looking birds. a bit flighty though. its funny when i fill the kiddie pool up with fresh water they all hop in like its a hot tub or something and one will be thrashing around having fun, which will scare all the others into jumping out and running away, so he jumps out and they all run away from the scary kiddie pool... entertaining animals!

Back
Top Bottom