Meyer Fry Pan Bargain

Interesting. Those look too pretty to be three weeks old but maybe it's how I'm looking at them. My three week olds are typically in what I call the vulture phase. Feathers are coming in but some areas are still down so they can look really rough and ragged. That usually lasts about a week to a week and a half before they fully feather out and look sleek but for a while they may be "cute" but certainly not pretty.

Just ordered the Meyer Fry Pan Bargain and got 25 plus a meal maker for 0.83 cents a bird. Excited to grow them out. They will be coming in on April 11th so it should be warm enough for them. Now just hoping that the yard and pens are dried out by then so that they aren't still full of mud. I have done Cornish X, Freedom Rangers but I prefer the heritage breeds best. Hoping they grow out well.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I am seriously considering this way of stocking my roaster pen. I'm particularly wondering if I can keep the cockerels long enough to get them to a reasonable size for my freezer. Please continue updating, I am really interested.
I have kept the large heritage roosters for up to 6 months. The longer you keep them the tougher they get but usually up to 6 months is fine with no issues after that I usually will only slow cook them or can them for things like chicken stew or dumplings.

Waiting patiently for my 27 to arrive says they shipped 25 Frypans 1 Meal maker and a bonus chick. Arrival time is the 9th through the 11th. Not opposed to females in the mix but I will process the boys out in 16 to 20 weeks (weather and schedule depending). I also ordered 20 Cornish X Frankenchickens and 8 turkeys that will be here by the 28th of April.

I really liked them. They say 1.00 each now, but I would talk to them and ask if there is a bulk discount. One tip, if you want pullets and then get these to fill up the order, keep them separate if you can, young roosters will bully the females from the dish, if you have rooster with 6 pullets then you would not have to worry about it.

I got few orders with the fry pan, 2-25 orders and one 50. in the first 2 I got maybe 3 hens. In the 50 I got 0. So if you want females just order some, plus in the meyer meal maker which is the free chicks just ask for female.

Yeah, I eat mine, boys and girls. The boys are bigger so boys are not a bad thing for me. But I do keep some girls as replacement layers so a mix is nice. That specific order was my first order, I was starting my flock so I thought straight run and see what happens. Luckily my 6 straight run Speckled Sussex were 4 boys and 2 girls so I got a good rooster from them. I also got one rooster out of what was supposed to be 5 Delaware pullets so that was my oops. To fill out that order I got 10 pullets from what was supposed to be 10 Black Australorp pullets.

After that if I wanted girls I ordered girls. If I wanted boys I'd order boys. But if I only wanted a few girls I'd order a bunch of boys in a large breed to fill out the order and give me some boys to eat.

From what I've read I think it is easier to say, this is definitely a boy when they are vent sexing. It's more like "this is probably a girl" when they select a pullet. So you are probably more likely to get a boy if you order all girls than you are to get a girl if you order all boys. But that's just me thinking. @gimmie birdies may not agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom