Meyer Hatchery - 4 of 15 chicks dead

Anybody know much about stromberg hatchery? First order of rainbows 22 out of 25 dead on arrival. It was pitiful

I'm so very very sorry!!! That must have been devastating!!! What happened?? Was it the post office or the hatchery?? How long did shipping take? How many days?? That's just pitiful!! I am so very sorry this has happened to you!! That's my biggest fear. Yesterday I just recieved my two chick's from a very long trip. From Illinois to California. I'm so thankful to God they made the trip alright. !! One is about 5 weeks old one is 8 weeks old. Will the hatchery compensate your losses by sending replacements?? I sure hope so. Again I'm so sorry you had to go through this! It must have been awful!!

I'm not sure what happened. The trip took 2 days. And I called the hatchery immediately and i will be recieving my 25 replacements tomorrow nov 1st. I'm excited and worried at the same time.

Yes I pray that they arrive safely and healthy!!! I know your worried and I don't blame you. I was worried sick over my girls. When tracking them I saw no movement for 19 hours!!! tracking is a joke. Its so Behind then they ship in strange ways going from sort facilities to sort facilities. It took my girls 10 hours to move to a different sort facility that was 100 miles from where they were!! I don't understand why they do that? How many miles do they have to travel?? Mine just came over a thousand miles! I was sick with worry when tracking them!! I sure hope it works out for you this time!! Your in my prayers. please keep us posted and post some picts when they arrive. You might want to have a packet of Save A Chick handy. You can get it at most farm supply stores. I got mine from tractor supply. It really helps replinish the electrolytes and has good stuff in it to help shipped birds. Hope this helps. Its really inexpensive for a couple of packets. Maybe 50 cents a small pack. You can find it where the chick feed is.Good luck to you. That's so awful what you went through. I just pray you never have to go through that again!!!

Thank you hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post pic of my new chicks

Anybody know much about stromberg hatchery? First order of rainbows 22 out of 25 dead on arrival. It was pitiful

That is just terrible! I hope your nest shipment goes better, I'm so sorry.

I would also add a cup of sugar/gallon of water with the Save A Chick, it gives them a little boost of energy.
Yes I pray that they arrive safely and healthy!!! I know your worried and I don't blame you. I was worried sick over my girls. When tracking them I saw no movement for 19 hours!!! tracking is a joke. Its so Behind then they ship in strange ways going from sort facilities to sort facilities. It took my girls 10 hours to move to a different sort facility that was 100 miles from where they were!! I don't understand why they do that? How many miles do they have to travel?? Mine just came over a thousand miles! I was sick with worry when tracking them!! I sure hope it works out for you this time!! Your in my prayers. please keep us posted and post some picts when they arrive. You might want to have a packet of Save A Chick handy. You can get it at most farm supply stores. I got mine from tractor supply. It really helps replinish the electrolytes and has good stuff in it to help shipped birds. Hope this helps. Its really inexpensive for a couple of packets. Maybe 50 cents a small pack. You can find it where the chick feed is.Good luck to you. That's so awful what you went through. I just pray you never have to go through that again!!!
I had the same issues! My girls traveled over 1000 miles from Ohio to Wyoming. Track was always behind. It took over 12 hrs to track a 100 mile stretch, which was 20 more than they needed to go. They went 20 miles past our town to be sorted then 20 miles back. I could have had them Tuesday evening instead of Wednesday morning, and the 5 that I lost may have survived if they didn't have to make that needless trip past us. I don't understand why they can't ship them overnight, we pay big money to have them shipped, whats a few more dollars to make the trip shorter???

I got mine in the 1st of march 30 and not one died the whole time. GOOD LUCK!!! With the rest call them and see if they will replace them...

That is just terrible!  I hope your nest shipment goes better, I'm so sorry.

I would also add a cup of sugar/gallon of water with the Save A Chick, it gives them a little boost of energy.
I had the same issues! My girls traveled over 1000 miles from Ohio to Wyoming. Track was always behind. It took over 12 hrs to track a 100 mile stretch, which was 20 more than they needed to go. They went 20 miles past our town to be sorted then 20 miles back. I could have had them Tuesday evening instead of Wednesday morning, and the 5 that I lost may have survived if they didn't have to make that needless trip past us. I don't understand why they can't ship them overnight, we pay big money to have them shipped, whats a few more dollars to make the trip shorter???

I agree with you!! I couldn't believe the route my girls went!! For live birds they really need to change the sinceless sorting facilities trips 10 hours to go such a short distance only to end up at another sort facility is ridiculous! They are live animals not regular packages!! And I agree two days could have been simply one day if they didn't have to jump to different facilities for no reason!! I was so upset 19 hours and still in Illinois going from sorting area to sorting area.Its riridiculous! They need to transport live birds better than this! The trips could easily be one day and not two.my poor babies one is 8 weeks one is 5 weeks were so thirsty when they finally arrived. I thank God they arrived healthy but I think the route they took was sinceless!!

Back
Top Bottom