Meyer Hatchery - 4 of 15 chicks dead

That's terrible... Sorry for the mass loss. I was dreading dead chicks on arrival being from maine and ordering early on... I suppose I got lucky. I see so many of these horror stories.

Here's some pics

My brooder. One of the lids still needs put on. There is two seperate sections but there's a door that can be opened between them too

And the survivors and TSC chicks

:-( oh no more causualities! So sorry. And all of them in the lost po mail batch? No tsc-ers? How sad!

Boyfriend & new brooder sound nice. Whats it made of? Was it easy to get it to 90+degree temp on the brooder floor, under lamp?

Yes all of them were PO chicks. I haven't lost a single TSC chick ever. The brooder is made of plywood on the sides and bottom and OSB on the top. It's been real easy to keep warm and at night I have a board to cover some of the wire at night

Aw the chickies are adorable! Whats the current health report?

We must have posted at the same time last time, because I couldnt see pics & brooder before. They look really great!

Last edited:
Hi everyone I just wanted to contribute to this thread by reporting that when I picked up my Meyer hatchery order from the post office 5 out of 15 dead and 1 more that was not doing good at all. Since then she has perked up a bit and is finally pecking the food! But I think this is the only time I will order chicks through the mail.

Just got our order from Meyers this morning. All 19 were alive and well upon arrival this morning. Just looked in on them and 1 looks a little listless. They were all running around earlier so maybe she is just resting.

Aw the chickies are adorable! Whats the current health report?

We must have posted at the same time last time, because I couldnt see pics & brooder before. They look really great!

So far I haven't lost anymore since Sunday. And I got more TSC chicks. 9 black australorps since they were one of the breeds I ordered. I may be getting some more buff orps Friday too

The gang

And look at this wittle face

Back
Top Bottom