Meyer hatchery reviews???

Pics
Hi Everyone, I went & picked up 3 chicks from Moyers on 8/24/15. They are so healthy & growing so fast. I added to my existing flock.
Which honestly...is not going so well. I am still keeping the 3 in a seperate cage from the Big Girls. They are very jealous of the babies.
But I highly recommend Moyer's - extremely healthy beautiful little chickies. The people were amazing to speak with & very helpful.

This was my first time ordering from a hatchery. I ordered 2 Sultans, a Polish and a meal maker. A week later we called and added a third Sultan. He was added in by a friendly and efficient fellow. The whole call took less than 3 minutes.

We drove up and picked up our birds on September 8th. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The birds were healthy and I enjoyed the shop.

These guys will be joining my original 6 chickens in a few months.

I would give Meyer 5 stars across the board. I would certainly order from them again.

I just placed a order with them.. Is there ameraucana a true breed.. And do they send extra in case some die. I only ordered 4 Total

Last edited:
I just placed a order with them.. Is there ameraucana a true breed.. And do they send extra in case some die. I only ordered 4 Total
About the send extra. When you order you have the choice to order a "Meyer Meal Maker" it's an free extra chick that you can choose to have. I am not sure if they just send extra just because. Don't know about the Amerucana and true to breed though.

They do not included "extra" chicks in case of death. If you ordered 4 you will get 4. The only difference is if you ordered the free "meal maker" chick. Then they will include an extra chick, but don't expect it to be the same breed you ordered.

They do not included "extra" chicks in case of death. If you ordered 4 you will get 4. The only difference is if you ordered the free "meal maker" chick. Then they will include an extra chick, but don't expect it to be the same breed you ordered.
Like you, that was my belief, but in my case, they did include an unordered extra. I ordered 9 and did not order a Meal Maker. They sent 10 chicks, with the 10th of a different breed than any others in my order, but it was a layer as per the rest of my order.

I lost one of these birds unexpectedly at 4 months of age, so I'm glad they sent the extra. It turned out to be a very beautiful and rare Columbian Wyandotte.

I was holding off posting this hoping Meyers would make it right. My family and I have been anxiously awaiting our 17 chics from Meyers. I tracked them all the way here and even called he post office to make sure I could get them as soon as they got in. They were delivered last Thursday to the post office. 16 DOA and the last one died within 3 hours. I know when ordering shipped birds some loss is inevitable. We were devastated to say the least. We called Meyers as soon as they opend to inform them of what happened. I belive it was the post office who mishandled them but still thought Meyers would make it right. They informed us they would replace the chicks next week. I wasn't even sure I could go through this again but decided it was probably just a fluke and I would try again. We lied to our kids trying to save them from the pain and informed them the chicks would be arriving a week late. Meyers informed us to call Today to make sure they had all the correct chicks for the order. When we called they were out of almost all of our chicks and would not be sending replacement. We could have a credit and keep checking the site if we wanted. This was a appalling response to me. They had chicks that were the breeds we ordered but wound up selling them all before they replaced ours. You would think they would replace the damaged birds before filling new orders. Hey did refund my money but honestly this in no way made me feel any better. I had to come home and tell my kids that we were not going to get our chicks that we had been waiting months for. My daughter has been taking pictures of the chicks to show and tell for weeks and is now devistated. I will never order from them again and wanted to share my experience with all. I understand that accidents happen but Meyers should have made this right.

my baby chicks will be here in a couple of weeks. I am very excited......................... IF this happens to my babies. I will be sad but seeing how they gave you your money back.. makes me know this is truly a good company and i am glad i am getting my chicks from them. YES I will be sad to see baby chicks that have died but i know they have NO control of this happening because of the mail they are going thru.. very sad for the babies and i will be disappointed but also i know that they will make it right makes me happy too...
sooo excited to get my new babies..
big_smile.png

While I in no way believe it was Myers fault for my chicks arriving DOA my disappointment in the company is that they told us we would be sent replacements the next week and that they had plenty and patiently waited again for their arrival. Then only when I called told us that they had sold out now and that we would have to keep checking back. I feel they should have replaced my order from the week before before filling new orders. Refunding my money is their policy but being a "good company" is understanding how heartbreaking this was for our family and making it right the next week like we were told. I was devastated by receiving the DOA chicks but my problem was with how Meyer's handled the replacement.

I Hope the best for all your chicks and am hoping this is not the norm.

I have ordered from Meyer 6 times now. I've never lost a chick. I've never had a sickly chick either. I pick them up myself since I only live an hour away. When I pick them up they always confirm my order, open the box to do a count, and ask me to check the chicks to make sure I'm satisfied with them. Their customer service has been exceptional and I will keep doing business with them.

Back
Top Bottom