Meyer Hatchery - Sapphire Jewel

My guess on the price would be supply and demand. If they were $3 on Monday, by Wednesday the price would probably be less. But then again could have been an over abundant hatch, cancelled order, low orders in the fall or maybe a Holliday. 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

I've read an article, that a lot of hatcheries are already sold out for March and April hatches. There are more backyard chicken owners due to high egg prices. So hatcheries are raising their prices. Supply and demand. The prices will come down though, after people realize it's more expensive, and more work, than just buying store bought eggs. I suspect there will be a lot of free chickens on Craigslist by fall. LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...conomy/inflation-chickens-egg-prices.amp.html

I couldn't find the exact article I read. But this is basically saying the same thing.

Oh interesting! And that was sexed pullets and not straight run? Maybe seasonal difference. I go in March or July.
Yes, sexed pullets.
My guess on the price would be supply and demand. If they were $3 on Monday, by Wednesday the price would probably be less. But then again could have been an over abundant hatch, cancelled order, low orders in the fall or maybe a Holliday. 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️
I went on a Monday in September and I believe it was $1.50. Definitely not more than $2. I bet it's just because I went during the slow season.

I ordered the "Colored Egg Layers" mix two times and got a bunch of the Sapphire Jewels in both orders. At hatch, they are yellow with a black spot on their head and a few black spots on their body. They all look like white Ameraucanas. So maybe the AustraxAmer like someone suggested.

Do you have any photos of your Sapphire Jewels? I tried to order one and they said I had to order two. So I ordered two. Then they said the order had to be minimum of eight chicks even for pick up. So I asked if they would put two on hold for me until I could get there. Some guy named Jeff said absolutely not. Not even if I paid the full price of $22.40 each. So they threw them in the bargain bin. Now I have 10 yellow chicks with black specs yellow legs and beards. I would absolutely love to think that I have 10 Sapphire Jewels from the bargain bin. Probably not, but until I know otherwise I’m going to pretend I do. 🤣 So I was just wondering what your checks look like now.
Can you post an update?

Back
Top Bottom