Nov 20, 2019
Hi all, my chicks are on their way. Years back when I ordered from Mcmurray, they sent my chicks overnight. With Meyer, they shipped them this morning and I wont have them until Weds, this is making me super anxious and I feel this doesn't give my chicks the best start at life, im a wreck now thinking of them being banged and tossed around for two days at least. Has anyone else had their chicks shipped from them and had them take this long to get to you? how were your babies when you picked them up. Super nervous. I love my chicks already and I haven't even met them yet. <3

Hi all, my chicks are on their way. Years back when I ordered from Mcmurray, they sent my chicks overnight. With Meyer, they shipped them this morning and I wont have them until Weds, this is making me super anxious and I feel this doesn't give my chicks the best start at life, im a wreck now thinking of them being banged and tossed around for two days at least. Has anyone else had their chicks shipped from them and had them take this long to get to you? how were your babies when you picked them up. Super nervous. I love my chicks already and I haven't even met them yet. <3
How far are you from the hatchery? I mean general miles?
Meyer will give you a tracking number - watch that closely and look for updates on the USPS site.
I do think it depends on the postal carriers. I've never had a problem with getting chicks banged up during transport from Meyers. Usually my orders have said 2 days as well, but I got them the next day.

It can be nerve racking knowing that chicks are in the mail. All of mine have been active, peeping and happy to see a human face when I opened the box. I do hope you have the same experience.

Thanks, that makes me feel better, they’re “my sons who just turned 7) I said they were part of his birthday gift! And made sure to get the colorful egg layers so he will love getting the eggs! I figured it might help him want to care for them more, so I would be so upset if there was one that didn’t make it due to shipping time etc. 😬 thanks! I will have to just wait and see! At least I can go get my goats myself since the woman’s local. 😍😍😍

Good morning. I had 2 different batches of chicks shipped to me from Meyers and they all arrived well and happy. One group arrived in 2 days and the second one next day. I live in South Florida and they were shipped in September and October. I was afraid they were going to be too hot but they were ok. Good luck!

Thats my fear, its freezing here and I am worried about them getting too cold. :(
They put in a gel that keeps them warm. I would be worried as well. Meyers has been doing this for a long time and they ship thousands of chickens weekly so they know how to ship so the chicks would be safe during shipping. Bring water with you and maybe something to warm them up until you get home.

Chicks arrived! Two aren’t doing too well upon arrival so have them separated from the others until the get their strength up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom