MFA Feeds

Buckguy20

OKIE MOSES
13 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Choctaw Oklahoma
Can anyone, especially Missouri folks share their thoughts about feed from MFA in Columbia?
I have heard good things about it and would like to try and get my local feed store to carry it.
I have seen the website, but I am just wanting some personal experience opinions from folks that have used it.
Thanks Monty

Hello, and I'll share my experiences with MFA and their feeds. I live near Ashland, halfway between Jefferson City and Columbia and I've shopped both MFA stores equally, depending where I am when I need feed. I buy their laying mash, scratch, and also Calf Manna, a higher protein pellet that I add to the hens' daily ration. I buy their game bird feed with higher protein content for my few Silkies. I am no expert, but my hens thrive. From fifteen standard "rescue" hens, we are getting between 10 and 13 eggs daily here in the middle of a wretched winter. The stores' employees have always been helpful with anything I need, ordering water heater bases in timely manner, for example. We've ordered pond fish through MFA also and have been pleased with our orders. I've no idea if I've touched on your concerns, but surely hope so. ~G

I use it out of Jefferson City (old Cedar City). I actually use a game bird growing lacking medication that is diluted with whole grains. My birds do not like it as much as they do other brands but cost has been considered to keep using the MFA feeds.

Back
Top Bottom