Michigan Right to Farm Law, what does it mean?

I found the information on MRTFA in Detroit that I was looking for - and got much more than I bargained for. This is a long one, but please stay with me.

In December of 2011 the Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development held their monthly meeting and passed new language for the 2012 GAAMPS which essentially decreed that GAAMPS do not apply to cities with more than 100,000 residents - which means that by definition, no one in those cities can meet the GAAMPS requirements of the MRTFA, and so can't claim protection under the MRTFA. I already knew that, and thought it was a pretty sneaky move, and wondered if it would hold up in court.

But the minutes of that meeting reveal the full extent of what was done, and why. The full document is here http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdard/Dec_14_2011_MINUTES_373525_7.pdf, with excerpts below; the upshot is that MDARD agrees that MRTFA protects all of us, considers that a problem to be solved, and (I think) is planning to change that legislatively. Oh, and one more thing before you dig in - note that this existing preface to GAAMPS applies to every city in Michigan with over 100,000 residents. I looked it up, and that includes Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Flint, Sterling Heights, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Livonia, at least. That means that if the language they added to GAAMPS is legal, then those of us who live in those cities are not currently protected by MRTFA.

PUBLIC COMMENT (AGENDA ITEMS ONLY)
Laura Buhl, Ron Markoe, and Rory Bolger, Detroit City Planning Commission (DCPC). Mr. Bolger extended DCPC’s thanks and appreciation for the efforts of MDARD to craft language allowing the City of Detroit, and other large municipalities, to facilitate and regulate agriculture as deemed appropriate by the City and citizens of each large municipality.
DCPC supports the proposed amendment to the Generally Accepted Agriculture and Management Practices (GAAMPs) Preface. However, there is concern with one aspect of the wording. That language specifies in part that “...existing agricultural operations present prior to the ordinance’s adoption...” be designated as “legal non-conforming uses for purpose of scale and type of agriculture use...” Because commercial agricultural production is currently not permissible in Detroit, this wording poses a series of problems: 1) it would make what was an illegal use a non-conforming, legal use; 2) if a use is presently illegal, there are no permits to prove that it exists and operates as a commercial operation; 3) if current illegal commercial agricultural uses are operating in a manner that the City and/or the surrounding community finds objectionable, standards that will be developed in the Zoning Ordinance will not apply; and 4) Right to Farm legislation works from the premise of “first in time, first in right” and in Detroit’s case, “first in time” uses are residential, commercial, and industrial. Therefore, DCPC requests that the proposed language be amended to “grandfather-in” only legal, existing agricultural operations.

Ms. Buhl expressed concern over administrative versus statutory exemption to the Right to Farm Act. The Right to Farm Act was passed in order to protect existing farms in rural areas from suburban sprawl. The Act also prevents cities like Detroit from creating zoning regulations that allow commercial agriculture while protecting existing non- agricultural uses. Therefore, we agree with MDARD’s objective of exempting large cities from the Act.

However, DCPC has concerns about the method being pursued, which appears to be an administrative exemption. It is not clear that the Act gives the Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development the authority to essentially “anoint” zoning ordinances from certain cities into the GAAMPs without following the requirements for review and recommendation as set out in the Act’s definition of GAAMPs. The possible lack of authority to exempt some zoning ordinances through GAAMPs would leave Detroit open to legal challenge. We believe the best way to be allowed to develop regulations in a manner that preserves the public health, safety, and general welfare, while protecting the City from litigation, is to seek a legislative fix by changing the text of the Right to Farm Act in order to exempt large cities.

DCPC recommended the proposed GAAMPs Preface amendment be modified to specify that legal, non-conforming status be accorded only to legal, existing agricultural operations; and that MDARD and its Commission support legislation to statutorily exempt large urban areas from the Right to Farm Act. However, they do agree with the proposed GAAMP Preface language as an initial, intermediate step.

Mr. Markoe reported more than 60,000 parcels of land currently exist in Detroit’s land inventory that need to be put to a productive use and they are looking to agriculture as a new land use option. Two large commercial agricultural applications are currently being reviewed, the Hantz Farms and Shared Recovery projects, which maintain various benefits to the City of Detroit. Detroit is unable to move forward with the projects, in part, because of concerns with the Right to Farm Act.

Commissioner Coe confirmed the department and Commission support the use of agriculture within the City of Detroit, while maintaining Right to Farm in statute. Director Creagh noted the proposed GAAMP Preface language represents considerable progress and we should not obstruct that progress achieved. The department would like to continue working collaboratively and collegially with the City of Detroit to reach DCPC’s goals.
Danielle Allison-Yokum, from the Attorney General’s Office, advised she has been working with the department on this issue to meet the policy goals while staying within the confines of the Right to Farm Act. The language proposed would exempt the City of Detroit and other municipalities of 100,000 or more in population from the GAAMPs. It does not, nor does the Commission have the authority, to exempt them from the Right to Farm Act which applies more broadly as a statute. The Attorney General’s Office believes what has been proposed is within the confines of the Right to Farm Act and does accomplish the goals being sought.

Tonia Ritter, Michigan Farm Bureau (MFB), expressed appreciation to MDARD for working with Detroit to address their concerns. MBF supports all agriculture, regardless of size or location and recognizes there have been some conflicts within the City of Detroit as it pertains to some of the entrepreneurial efforts trying to expand urban agriculture. MFB supports the Commission’s approval of the proposed language being incorporated into the GAAMPs Preface. MFB also urges the Commission to call upon the respective GAAMP Task Force Committees to review this change at their earliest convenience. They also encourage cities to adopt ordinances that will help those wanting to grow food in urban centers in creating fresh food resources. Also, MFB stands available to provide support, opportunity, and input into any of those ordinances..

COMMISSION POLICY MANUAL – RIGHT TO FARM POLICY APPENDIX: Jim Johnson, Director, and Wayne Whitman, Right to Farm Program Manager, Environmental Stewardship Division
Mr. Johnson reported the Right to Farm (RTF) Appendix is a revision of what used to be two appendices within the Commission Policy Manual. They delineate the process for the establishment of new GAAMPs, as well as the annual review of existing GAAMPs. The procedures have been combined and expanded to clearly identify those processes.

MOTION: COMMISSIONER FIKE MOVED THE APPENDIX TO THE RIGHT TO FARM COMMISSION POLICY BE APPROVED AND INCORPORATED INTO THE MICHIGAN COMMISSION OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT POLICY MANUAL. COMMISSIONER KENNEDY SECONDED. MOTION CARRIED.

GENERALLY ACCEPTED AGRICULTURE AND MANAGEMENT PRACTICES PREFACE LANGUAGE – URBAN AGRICULTURE: Jim Johnson, Director, Environmental Stewardship Division
Mr. Johnson advised what has been heard today provides a summary of where the department has been over the last two years regarding the RTF Act and its application in an urban setting. Clearly, we need to provide an opportunity for urban areas to move forward with governing agricultural development within their boundaries. The Governor and the department are very interested in determining how we can be part of moving that opportunity forward. It follows the general trend across the country where people are very interested in growing their own food, or sourcing their food locally. Questions posed here are no different than what is going on in large cities in other states.

The difficulty of the issue, in terms of legal versus non-legal uses, is that the RTF Act itself does not place a restriction in any way on land use or land zoning. It has been very clear from the beginning the RTF Act applies across the entire state. When the City of Detroit refers to illegal and non-conforming uses, the issue for MDARD is to determine if those actually are illegal uses for that piece of property – this has been the center of the ongoing discussions. What we have accomplished in this particular case is to determine how the department can still play a significant role in the movement of agriculture within an urban setting, but not have the RTF Act be integrally involved in how that actually moves forward. After working through several different approaches, the proposed GAAMPs Preface language was determined to be the best option.

It is the Commission’s responsibility to approve the GAAMPs and policies regarding the operation of those GAAMPs. That language allows the Commission to state that in certain situations, the GAAMPs do not apply and that is being used as the basis for the GAAMPs Preface. This allows the municipality to create an ordinance which covers agriculture within that jurisdiction. The 100,000 population level identifies seven cities that are strong urban centers and in which the department could continue to provide resources to assist those communities move forward in creating ordinances that allow for the expansion of agriculture within their boundaries in a way that actually makes sense for agriculture itself. He reviewed the proposed Preface with the following language added:

This GAAMP does not apply in municipalities with a population of 100,000 or more in which a zoning ordinance has been enacted to allow for agriculture provided that the ordinance designates existing agricultural operations present prior to the ordinance’s adoption as legal non-conforming uses as identified by the Right to Farm Act for purposes of scale and type of agricultural use.

Commissioner Fike expressed her appreciation for the department collaborating with the City of Detroit to work through these difficult issues, because urban agriculture actually constitutes economic development for these urban areas.

Based on advice from the Attorney General’s Office and the department, Commissioner Coe recommended moving forward with adoption of this proposed language to provide a mechanism for progressing toward developing policies for urban agriculture without inhibiting the RTF Act.

MOTION: COMMISSIONER GREEN MOVED THE AMENDMENT TO THE GENERALLY ACCEPTED AGRICULTURE AND MANAGEMENT PRACTICES (GAAMPs) PREFACE LANGUAGE BE APPROVED AND INCORPORATED INTO THE EACH OF THE 2012 GAAMPs. COMMISSIONER FIKE SECONDED. MOTION CARRIED.

Hi All!

I need some advice from my chicken peeps out there! I live In Troy and we acquired 9 standards size hens and 1 bantam silkie in Oct of last year. I live on .72 of an acre and the city zoning law states that you have to be .75 to have any other animal outside of a dog, cat etc.

When I read the Michigan Right to Farm act of 1981 I thought I was in the clear with owning chickens for personal and commercial use (We sell the eggs we don't use).

Now we have a meeting with the animal appeal board this Wednesday to see if they will approve us and allow us to keep our hens. We have 6 neighbors that back up to our property. ALL of them have signed a petition saying that they are all OK with us having the chickens. We have approx. 13 signatures from neighbors saying they too are ok with us having them.

The city sent out a postcard to everyone in a 300 foot radius from my property asking for their input. There were 2 people that complained. One was from the guy who owns an apartment complex across the street from our house and the second was from a lady who lives 8 houses down on a side street.

The apartment complex has NO direct view of the hens or their chicken coop and pen. The lady down the street also has no direct view from her house, but if she were to walk her half acre back, peer around her property line and squint real hard she would be able to see part of the red coop.

We started this venture so my kids would get their heads outta the video games and into nature, also to provide my family with eggs that were better nutritionally, to put my foot down on factory farming and to make a small profit for my boys weekly allowance.

Here's my question- What avenue should I take with them at the meeting?
A. The reason why we took on the adventure and the pro's to chickening?
B. Address the issue that we are only at .72 of an acre when we need .75 and beg?
C. Show them the MRTF Act and the petition of my neighbors who have no problem with them and show them the receipts from my buyers?

Any other advise would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Hi Sherise -

I think all your reasons are good, and you should use all of them.

You might also let them know that their approach of asking all neighbors within 300 feet is excessive with respect to the standards that other people use. In Ann Arbor we are only required to get permission from neighbors whose property touches the property that will have chickens. This includes the neighbors who touch only at the corner of the lot, so 5 all together.

Here are the reasons I have come to think chickens are worth fighting for:

1. Having chickens pulls me into the yard every day, making me much more aware of my surroundings. I know when it has rained, or frosted, or snowed before I leave for work. In the winter I can see in the snow which animals have been in the yard overnight. In the spring I can see when the trees begin to bud. From the guy at TSC I know I have to worry about raccoons in the spring because the mothers are teaching their babies to hunt, but in the fall it will be opossums. I think being connected to where I live - and not just the house that I live in - is the single best thing about having chickens.

My parents grew up in a farming community in west Michigan, while I grew up in the brand new suburb of Westland. I now think those suburbs were a kind of experiment in modern living that was well-intentioned but misguided, and went much too far in restricting how people could live. Unfortunately this kind of restricted living is now considered the norm, but having a real connection to where we live didn't have to be lost when we moved to a more modern society, and I want it back.

2. Having to care for outdoor animals every day makes not only me healthier, it also makes my neighborhood healthier. I live in a working class neighborhood in Ann Arbor where almost everyone works and where, for whatever reason, there is little interaction between neighbors. Having chickens has resulted in many more exchanges with my neighbors, who are generally amused, by which I mean they are smiling. I built a very nice, very predator-prood coop, and honestly, it is quite charming. I have come to think that chickens, sometimes, are like public art in the sense that they bring people together who otherwise would not be together, in an environment that is conducive to positive exchange - because everyone is smiling.

3. As I write this, my second rooster, who I just let out of the coop at 9 am on a Sunday morning, just crowed about 4 times. I've been working hard to find a way to keep a rooster quietly in my neighborhood, and this is by far the most sound that has emanated from my back yard. Egads. Not sure my neighbors are smiling right now - but I do hope they'll show me a little patience as I try to figure this out. If I can't keep a rooster quietly (my first one was virtually silent) I'll have to give up on that idea.

4. Having chickens has made me more interested in agricultural issues in the state. Even though it is pretty clear that MDA doesn't feel an affinity to backyard farmers like us, I certainly feel much more affinity to them and to the agricultural community here. I love that our state has the strongest RTF act in the nation, even if we aren't currently using it to protect the kinds of farming operations that we BYCers have.

5. Back before I engaged in the MRTFA issues, when I was thinking about what kind of chickens to get, I chose Faverolles partly because they are winter-hardy, friendly, QUIET, dual-purpose birds. But the other thing that I love about Faverolles is that they are the most sexually dimorphic of the different chicken breeds - which means that the males and females look more different from one another in this breed than within other breeds. Before MRTFA took all my chicken-time, I thought I would figure out what is known about how chicken coloring patterns are formed in the embryo, and educate myself on how the same genes can create such different patterns depending only on gender. I actually am a geneticist, so thought I had a fighting chance to understand something about this. If I can find a way to keep a rooster, I would love to breed these birds to help me understand the variations in color pattern and the genes that drive them. And, I would love to make these lovely, rare birds available to other folks who would enjoy them.

So those are my reasons. Best of luck on Wednesday.

I thought someone had posted here that he was in violation because he didn't have the 1 acre require by Troy for a maximum of 12 chickens, I was wondering who told you it was .75 and if there was some kind of a maximum number allowed

For those of you whose communities keep their ordinances online at Municode.com, here is the link: http://www.municode.com/Library/MI. Sorry, Troy residents, it's not there for you, but the city may have them on their own site, and the library and clerk always have copies. The first thing you need to do is to know from your own research what the law is in your area. Don't rely on others for that information, it must be correct.

I purchased a number of chickens several years ago (it was basically a rescue) from a woman in Troy near Big Beaver and Rochester Road. She had WAY too many birds, horribly wet runs, the birds were sick, and many died soon after purchase. She had a big lot, but drainage was poor and the coops were not big enough nor ventilated well enough to house the birds. I am sure her neighbors were not happy living next to chickens, as the yard smelled like a cross between a landfill and a sewage treatment plant, with too much manure everywhere. Poorly managed animals are worse than no animals at all.

We designed our coops to be as open air as could be, and elevated off the ground to combat dampness. This is an extremely successful solution but may not be permissible in all areas with the type of construction we used, but it could be interpreted into any number of building materials and in any size. As our coops are, by definition and legal decision, agricultural buildings and not residential accessory buildings, we had additional options under the MRTFA. Anyone who has seen a large chicken coop built prior to 1930 will remember that they were often built into a number of connected rooms of approximately 20' x 20' in size, each with a run out the front side, with windows on that wall, had a ventilation chimney in the center of the room with a turbine ventilator at the top, had concrete floors where the grade was higher than ground level, and had wide, slanted layer shelves (for layers) or tiered roost poles (for broilers). These coops were wonderfully versatile, and birds of different ages, sizes, and purposes could be rotated through the coop. Since it's not really practical to build a 20' x 80' coop on a residential lot, bring forward the key features to your poultry house: ability to close birds in or out; excellent ventilation; good daylight; dry floor; enough space to give each bird at least 10 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor space. That sounds like a lot, but in reality it's only a virtual square of 38" in which to spend their entire life. It would be comparable to a person spending their entire life in a bedroom. A happy chicken is one that can go "out and about" once in a while.

We have families stop by nearly every weekend, grandparents who buy eggs bring their grandchildren to feed the hens and baby turkeys, and often for the first time in their lives to gather eggs warm from the nest, or even on occasion to see an egg laid. Something so simple, so basic...and so foreign to so many today. We also have adults bring their own parents and grandparents, who often grew up "in the old country" or on farms, who have been longing for a visit to simpler times and take home some "real" eggs and vegetables that didn't come out of a cardboard box in a refrigerated truck. The demand for our hand-raised turkeys is also far beyond our expectations, we are raising 34 bronze and heritage birds this year.

My husband and I have very stressful, high-tech jobs, and the birds offer an opportunity to put that aside and put things into perspective. We keep no roosters, but the hens are entertaining with distinct "personalities" amongst the 450 birds, and the turkey poults are absolutely adorable when they come running and shoulder each other to climb into my hand, or to get a goodie to eat.

When speaking with your local municipality, acknowledge and address many possible concerns neighbors may have. If you can demonstrate not only that your neighbors support your birds, but that you've fully thought about potential issues, it will go a long way.

Vermin? No, feed is kept in vermin-proof containers, and out of the weather. Feed is only provided in quantities that will be quickly consumed by the birds, and secured at night.

Noise? Minimal, and well within the range of normal human speech, other than the joyous notification of a new-laid egg, or the warning of a possible predator (stray dog, cat, fox, coyote, raccoon, oppossum, hawks).

Strays? If you have confinement runs with closed tops, escapees will be the result only of human carelessness. If you leave them loose in a residential backyard, expect to learn that chickens actually fly quite well. Keep their wing feathers trimmed to prevent fly-outs, and either post a "Keep Gate Closed" sign or use a pair of rubber hold'down straps, one on each side, to return the gate to closed whenever it is opened. If you park in the backyard, or in the garage in the backyard, either a secondary fence or confined birds will be necessary as chickens will either manage to get in the garage, under the car, or out of the gate, or all of the above in a single session. Also, as the hens will clear a border around your chain link fenced yard about 8" into the neighbor's yard, if the neighbor is not alright with that, use vinyl fence netting about 12" high tie-wrapped to your side of the chain link to preserve the neighbor's grass. Chickens also dig dirt quite well, so keep an eye on fence perimeters and fill excavations with stone or broken brick or concrete.

Pests and predators? With proper manure management, chickens do not attract or generate flies or other pests. Predators will go after wild birds, small dogs, cats, and rabbits as well, chickens are not an especial draw.Predators are creatures of opportunity and are ever-present; chicken housing is designed to exclude them, and after a few unsuccessful visits, predators go in search of easier prey. As for pests, chickens eat mosquitoes, flies, grubs, worms, crickets, caterpillars, spiders, ants, and anything else within their reach. They are ideal pest management tools.

Manure? It's possible to compost the manure of a few chickens, but if keeping more than 5, other area gardeners or Craigslist will be your best friends. Getting it either offsite or in a hot compost pile are the best way to combat odor and flies. As long as your manure and bedding are changed regularly and kept dry, it will go like a flash on Craigslist.

Traffic? If you keep only a few hens, you won't have to advertise any excess eggs. Word of mouth will take care of that, and family and coworkers will absorb your production. We are on a rather heavily traveled road, and can easily sell 20+ dozen eggs a day with nothing more than a roadside sign and a listing on localharvest.org.

Toxicity? We aren't certified organic, but we also don't use any pesticides, antibiotics, chemicals, or anything that could be harmful to us, the birds, or the eggs on our farm. In the runs, we use pelletized gypsum to keep the soil light and fluffy for dustbaths; it also neutralizes any ammonia and leaves us with only a finished compost-like odor. The birds scratch it in, along with manure deposits, and even a rainstorm doesn't cause any issues.

Mortality? In some communities it is legal to dispose of a single dead animal in residential trash, NEVER in yard waste or recycling. In other communities you can bury your dead, and yet in others you must dispose of the carcass with a licensed renderer. If you have a butcher shop or meat processor in your area, proactively ask if you could dispose of a dead bird in their rendering container if the need should arise. Know the law; and if there is a question about trash disposal, ask what should you do with the body of a bird that dies after hitting your window, or a rabbit that is struck by a car. Disposal of a single chicken is not a health hazard. It can be sealed in a bag and frozen until trash day to further eliminate offensive odors.

Even if you are not planning to work as a farm, think like a farmer. Make things practical and convenient, not difficult and expensive. Think it through, build it right, and most of all, don't overcrowd and everyone will be happy.

So, still trying to piece together what happened with Detroit/Virgil Smith/MRTFA late last year. In November there were lots of stories that Virgil Smith and Joe Hune had drafted legislation to change MRTFA to exempt Detroit, but I haven't been able to find the actual bill - and it turns out it was never introduced. This is from Virgil Smith's website:
http://www.virgilksmith.com/vks/blog/article/188

LEGISLATIVE REPORT
Urban Farming

Michigan’s Right to Farm Act serves to protect farmers from harassment and to protect Michigan’s valuable farmland from sprawl and unnecessary development. One of the unintended consequences of this Act is if an urban area zones for agriculture, it would lose its ability to regulate and control what is done on that property. For example, if the City of Detroit allowed zoning for agriculture, and a neighbor had 20 chickens in their backyard, some might find the smell and noise as a nuisance and the animals and their waste as a health hazard. But under Michigan’s Right to Farm Act, the City could not regulate what is happening at that property.

I drafted a bill that would exempt Detroit from the Right to Farm Act and State Senator Joe Hune, who is a Republican, the Chair of the Senate Agriculture Committee, and a farmer, cosponsored my bill. Having a Republican cosponsor this bill is a major accomplishment and has drawn the attention of the powerful farming lobby in Michigan.

Before I introduced my bill which would allow Detroit to control agricultural development in the city, the Michigan Department of Agriculture asked me to wait so they could better explain what they are doing on this issue. On December 14, 2011 the Department will hold a meeting that will allow municipalities with a population of 50,000 or more the ability to regulate farming activity. I hope that this administrative fix will solve our problems and allow urban farming to legally sprout throughout our great cities in Michigan. I have agreed to wait on introducing my bill until after the Dec. 14th meeting to determine whether the administrative fix by the Department sufficiently allows municipalities to regulate urban farming.

WHY URBAN FARMING
Detroit has approximately 35 square miles of vacant land. There are many who would like to use some of that space to grow their own crops. This could lead to more jobs and money in our great city and also serve as an opportunity to have healthier foods for our neighbors.

We need to remember that agriculture is the second largest industry in Michigan. There are tremendous opportunities in growing crops, especially as the price and demand of crops rises worldwide. We also have a tremendous need to process food in Michigan. Most people don’t realize that a large number of Michigan’s food is sent out of state to be processed and returned to Michigan to be consumed. Those are jobs that should be located right here in Michigan, resulting in money that can be saved by consumers.

As we attempt to determine what the 21st Century economy looks like, I want to make sure that state government does not stand in the way of allowing economic development to flourish in Detroit. Cities like Cleveland and Madison have strong urban farming movements and I want Detroit to have the opportunity to grow this industry too.

Hi.

We were told our property was .72 and I confirmed from my mortgage papers. The city of Troy sent me their zoning requirements that state the property must me .75 of an acre to have poultry or any other farm animal. So technically we are 3/100th of an acre off.

Sherise

But the minutes of that meeting reveal the full extent of what was done, and why. The full document is here http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdard/Dec_14_2011_MINUTES_373525_7.pdf, with excerpts below; the upshot is that MDARD agrees that MRTFA protects all of us, considers that a problem to be solved, and (I think) is planning to change that legislatively. Oh, and one more thing before you dig in - note that this existing preface to GAAMPS applies to every city in Michigan with over 100,000 residents. I looked it up, and that includes Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Flint, Sterling Heights, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Livonia, at least. That means that if the language they added to GAAMPS is legal, then those of us who live in those cities are not currently protected by MRTFA.
I'm home from my pre-trial hearing. The city attorney/prosecutor said that he signed a "no reduced plea" order and that I could not use MRTFA as a defense even though I never said a word about using it. He did all the talking. He then said that the GAAMPs say that no poultry are allowed in high density areas. I said that I have read it and he interupted saying that he knows "more than I'll ever know" about the RTFA and GAAMPS.

It looks like they are going to be taking a hard line on this.

I also found it odd that we had a visiting judge (Brookover) who only asked me if I wanted a bench trial or a jury trial.
So it looks like I'll be having a jury trial in my future. I have to back for another pre-trial meeting on July 17th.

The funny thing to me, is that the fine is only $20 but they want to make this a criminal case.

21st. District Court case # 12GC1470 OM. (in case anyone wants to look)

@Raz - do you sell your extra eggs? If so, do you have records showing you are a business - a farm?

Back
Top Bottom