Michigan Right to Farm Law, what does it mean?

Yes, I"m quoting myself ...

I sent a FB message to Randy Belcher (the property/farm owner of Shady Grove Farms) and he kindly messaged me back confirming the above. He realizes this may go further in the litigation fight, but that his attorneys are confident that RTFA will apply (like the other cases).

I just have such a difficult time believing that MDRAD representatives continue to misinterpret the law ESPECIALLY when precedent has been set and continues to be set.

Has anyone heard from Randy?
Hello everyone. Just for the record, it's Randy Buchler...Shady Grove Farm U.P. LLC. I can confirm that the court dates listed are correct and we have LOTS of support locally as well as from downstate! We are hoping to fill the Marquette County Circuit Court with community members that eat, support local farms/farmers, support local food systems and want to see change in our communities! Thanks for all of the support from all of you on here too!

Also, October 15th, the same judge that will be hearing our case will be hearing 6 of the feral hog cases here in Marquette County Circuit Court. If any of you are able to make it up here to show your support for these farmers too, it would be greatly appreciated! We will be there and would be willing to discuss our case with any of you that show up. There's only so much we can disclose prior to our hearing, but the facts are the facts. Hope to see some of you up here in October AND November! Thanks again. Randy

Hello everyone. Just for the record, it's Randy Buchler...Shady Grove Farm U.P. LLC. I can confirm that the court dates listed are correct and we have LOTS of support locally as well as from downstate! We are hoping to fill the Marquette County Circuit Court with community members that eat, support local farms/farmers, support local food systems and want to see change in our communities! Thanks for all of the support from all of you on here too!

Also, October 15th, the same judge that will be hearing our case will be hearing 6 of the feral hog cases here in Marquette County Circuit Court. If any of you are able to make it up here to show your support for these farmers too, it would be greatly appreciated! We will be there and would be willing to discuss our case with any of you that show up. There's only so much we can disclose prior to our hearing, but the facts are the facts. Hope to see some of you up here in October AND November! Thanks again. Randy
Appologies for misspelling your last name. Thank you for the update. Know that I am with you in spirit!!

Last edited:
And here is the link to the article in our local paper. This is the online version, but the hard copy featured a picture of Penny..the chicken.. on the front page

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2012/08/15/life/doc502bb688a643e253566381.txt

The only thing I'm not happy about was the posting of my cell phone number.Otherwise it is a positive article. I am curious how this will effect the turnout at the meeting on Tuesday August 21.

I do not want it to turn into an ugly debate meeting. I will not tolerate that.

Last edited:
Wow.. Interesting reading. Thank you for posting.

I am still waiting to hear back from Eric (who is in turn waiting to hear back from the Michigan Farm Bureau).

I'm prepping for tomorrow's meeting. After the local story was run, I wonder how many (and who) will show up.

MB

If you are planning on attending the meeting in New Baltimore at the MacDonald Public Library AND your driving directions have you exit at 26 mile.. THIS EXIT IS CLOSED.
I suggest you exit at 23 mile rd/Turn Right/ go approx 4 miles/ Turn Right onto Main street (Walgreens on your left) and at next intersection turn Left/ Library will be on your left (less than one block)

Looking forward to meet everyone and share info!
D.gif

That's only the WB exit, right? I believe the EB exit is still open, though I would think most sources for directions would have you exit at Washington, or 23 Mile Road. Those 2 exits for EB are still open. Washington street exit would take you right to the library as well.

Last edited:
Coming east bound on I-94 the 26 mile road exit is CLOSED.
You are correct that both 23 mile road (the route/exit I suggest) or the Washington exit are fine. Washington will back up more due to being the detour for 26 mile road.

Is there anyone coming that goes through Howell? Or Midland? I'm trying to help someone get a Serama (world's smallest chicken breed) hen. Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom