Mid January Hatch thread....

My eggs just entered lock down for a 1/21 hatch date. I cannot wait!!! I started with 42 "mutts" and culled 10 "blanks" along the way. Now I sit and hope that the remaining 32 are all girls!
fl.gif

They gang is in a Genesis incubator for it's 3rd hatch. The first hatch was excellent, the second was reduced but the preset temp had dropped to 98.5 degrees. I adjusted the presets and the bator has maintained a temp between 99.8 and 100.2 for this batch (unless I have the lid open for candling etc).

Jennifer and the Atlanta chicks

Mine went in lockdown today too..... I can't wait for them to hatch!!! I told my boss that I would be worthless this week!!
lau.gif
Thank goodness, some of the fuzzy butts are going to him after they hatch!
gig.gif
I started out with 44 eggs... 33 of those made it to lockdown. I added 10 more on 1-4-12...only 5 of them left. I moved them to my LG to finish the incubating process in there. This is my first hatch!!
woot.gif
I'm from Atlanta too... Atlanta, TX that is!!
tongue2.gif

I just finished candling and now 39 eggs are in lockdown. 50% of my Buff Brahma eggs did not make it to lockdown. These are shipped eggs so I think I did pretty good ending up with 39. Here's hoping I get a good hatch rate from them. I hear one chirping. Working on getting my humidity up. I LOVE hatch day which will be Saturday.

I am wondering all of you that have numerous different breeds do you let them roam together or keep the breeds separated so as to not to have cross breeds ?

I have my Ameraucanas separated and my bantam Cochins. My egg layers are all mixed together for now. I will be separating my Orps, Ameraucanas and Cochins by color. My W/BW Ameraucanas will also be separated by line, too - for now.

Back
Top Bottom