Midwest Homesteader wannabe

Orrosta

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2015
Hey I hail from the midwest, just starting up my chicken flock. Looking for a mixed flock of all black chickens with hopefully a variety of egg colors and LOTS of eggs. Still doing research. Thanks all!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your impending chicken adventures :celebrate:/
I'm sure you will enjoy them very much. Keeping chickens is a fab hobby, lots of fun and very rewarding. The learning centre is a great place to start. Here is the link if you have not already stopped by ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions that you may have. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Yorkshire coop, if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif

Good luck to you! Thanks for joining us and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hey I hail from the midwest, just starting up my chicken flock. Looking for a mixed flock of all black chickens with hopefully a variety of egg colors and LOTS of eggs. Still doing research. Thanks all!

Welcome To BYC! Please make yourself comfortable and ask any questions you may have. Based on your request I suggest the Black Australorp. Brown egg layer, lots of eggs, hardy, docile, calm, produce longer, mature earlier, and roosters can make great meat birds. Black Sexlinks are mainly black with a little bit of brown on the breast and are amazing egg layers, friendly, and hardy. These are my Black Australorp pullets. They are 6 months old in the photo.

Welcome To BYC! Please make yourself comfortable and ask any questions you may have. Based on your request I suggest the Black Australorp. Brown egg layer, lots of eggs, hardy, docile, calm, produce longer, mature earlier, and roosters can make great meat birds. Black Sexlinks are mainly black with a little bit of brown on the breast and are amazing egg layers, friendly, and hardy. These are my Black Australorp pullets. They are 6 months old in the photo.
X2 on Birdrain92's suggestions. Black Sex Links are my very favorite chickens (even though they are hybrids) as they are very friendly and hardy egg laying machines that consistently churn out more than 300 large brown eggs per hen per year with double yolks not being uncommon. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed as they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (good lap pets), and excellent layers of brown eggs. But whatever breeds you decide to get, good luck with your flock. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom