Mink and Raccoon today!

ray2310

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Smithfield, PA
Today there was a sick Raccoon and later a Mink in our yard. We are glad we killed the Mink after reading on here about what a threat they are to our girls.
IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

wow, mink really are pretty. Too bad they're such tenacious predators! It almost seems like a waste not to skin it....

Raccoons are nocturnal. They really aren't usually out during daylight hours. That raccoon in the picture is just sitting there like it isn't scared of humans that isn't normal. I think that it might be sick. Be careful it could attack you for no reason and spread the illness.

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't worry it won't be attacking anything again. Yes I believe it was sick.

I have no idea why the Mink was here. The is a small creek aprox 300yds from our house. I know they live there but this was the first time I saw one at our house.

FeatheredTempest - please review. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5808

It
is not necessary to post legalities on every single predator thread. It is the OPs responsibility to know what is or isn't legal in their locale. Keeping in mind, that anyone can view BYC threads, as it is a public forum. I would hope those that are posting protected species, are dealing with their situation in a legal manner.

*It is the responsibility of the person with the predator to determine the legalities of what they do and that person will take ultimate responsibility. BYC does not condone illegal acts.

Back
Top Bottom