chickenlady2004

Songster
Aug 16, 2023
anyone know what i should put in my mink traps? i’ve tried fish, and some duck feathers that it ripped out on its first attack, as well as the bloody towel i cut up that had my ducks blood on it (she survived and is doing a lot better btw) i’ve heard live bait or dead chicken or duck that it got in the first attack but don’t have any dead animals (thankfully)

They like tunnels and are easier to catch in box traps using rat traps with landing pads.What type of trap are you using?It may not be the bait.It may be the trap.
it’s a live trap! i’ll insert a pic

Attachments

• B11B6EE8-4C0B-4089-8072-666A39F4B119.jpeg
    B11B6EE8-4C0B-4089-8072-666A39F4B119.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
If it was me I would keep their babies and give the older ducks away .It would be easier than camping out with all of them since you don't have proper housing .Maybe it will save them ?
If it was me I would keep their babies and give the older ducks away .It would be easier than camping out with all of them since you don't have proper housing .Maybe it will save them
If it was me I would keep their babies and give the older ducks away .It would be easier than camping out with all of them since you don't have proper housing .Maybe it will save them ?
sorry don’t mean to be rude but what would the difference between keeping them and not the parents? i’m just not sure i understand :)

Back
Top Bottom