Minnesota!

i get to embed an image upload from device or enter an image URL .... i click upload from my device,,,,THEN a cancel bubble pops up,,, then i cant click anything so i have to exit out of app then go back into BYC app.... I have a Apple 6 S plus... any ideas???

An odd sad day here. We had a predator take Fleur my Easter Egger. 3 piles of her feathers. She was plucked then carried away. Not a great death. She wasn't laying eggs any more. And she really wasn't a bird in the forefront with a whole lot of character or should I say...she was just sorta shy and had a space of her own in my flock. She did, I notice and have mentioned before, groom the rooster all the time. He'd bow his head to her and she'd carefully whittle away the feather casings on his head or pick a speck of something near his eye or beak that he couldn't get. He always counted on her and trusted her to do that for him. I found a few pictures of her. A petit little EE with white and Black penciled feathers. She came to us adopted from friends who didn't want to winter their chickens and I took her in with 2 other brooder mate sisters. We'll miss our Fleur. God speed chook.

She had a moment of fame on BYC with this picture of her and her sisters flamingo-ing on the BYC Carousel.

She was near Roger a lot in my photos...That I've seen. She always catered to him...even though she wasn't one of his faves. Every loyal.

And then she would do a surprising stunt every now and then. LOL

There you go Birdie. A little immortalization on the big chicken website. RIP.

An odd sad day here. We had a predator take Fleur my Easter Egger. 3 piles of her feathers. She was plucked then carried away. Not a great death. She wasn't laying eggs any more. And she really wasn't a bird in the forefront with a whole lot of character or should I say...she was just sorta shy and had a space of her own in my flock. She did, I notice and have mentioned before, groom the rooster all the time. He'd bow his head to her and she'd carefully whittle away the feather casings on his head or pick a speck of something near his eye or beak that he couldn't get. He always counted on her and trusted her to do that for him. I found a few pictures of her. A petit little EE with white and Black penciled feathers. She came to us adopted from friends who didn't want to winter their chickens and I took her in with 2 other brooder mate sisters. We'll miss our Fleur. God speed chook.

She had a moment of fame on BYC with this picture of her and her sisters flamingo-ing on the BYC Carousel.

She was near Roger a lot in my photos...That I've seen. She always catered to him...even though she wasn't one of his faves. Every loyal.

I am so sorry for your loss! :(

Yes that's sad, it sounds like she was a real sweet hen. A touching story
hit.gif

Ohh im so Sorry about your girl...

Quote:
I checked her Thursday evening. Oh she was not happy on her back but I pressed around on her 'belly' area -- felt nothing hard. She made no complaint anywhere I touched her. She does need a bath tomorrow - it was too late Thursday to bathe and get her dried before roosting. I really need to get an inside set up for overnight roosts.

She's been doing this for weeks now -- if she was egg bound that long would it kill her? I'm showing my ignorance I know. I've about decided she's either got weak legs (is that possible) or she just decided why stand to eat when she can sit?

I'm bewildered.

Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons are so pretty! I plan on getting some next year! They are just a color variant of Orpingtons.

oh those are gorgeous!!! one of our EE\AM {whatever they are called} is very pale blonde - not barred like that - but very similar color. I named her Clementine. Trying to teach her to come up and let me pick her up. She's such a gorgeous hen! I'll try getting a good photo to post.

Yes weak legs or ligament strain could be.... I had an EE that squatted strangely and I fortified the water with 1/5 caplet of vitamins B complex Or you can do a poultry powder amendment to the water to get those vitamins in there. Merrick's blue ribbon or what have you. Eventually that EE came out of the squatiness and not sure if the vitamins helped a whole lot or not. But she never really laid again either. Coincidence or not Idk. Related issues...I'll never know I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom