Minnesota!

Hi. Richfield, anyone? I swear i heard another chicken call out and its not mine. So am trying to find them. I am near the best buy campus.
I'm here in Richfield, just a bit north of the BB campus on Humboldt (west side of 35w). I know there's another house with chickens just a couple blocks away on 70th that I pass while walking my dog. I sure hope it wasn't my birds calling though, only 2 of my 3 birds have laid yet, but I'm fairly certain they're all girls.

Last edited:
I'm here in Richfield, just a bit north of the BB campus on Humboldt (west side of 35w). I know there's another house with chickens just a couple blocks away on 70th that I pass while walking my dog. I sure hope it wasn't my birds calling though, only 2 of my 3 birds have laid yet, but I'm fairly certain they're all girls.
thumbsup.gif

ugg... I found a dead mink in our yard this morning. Thankfully the dogs got it before it got any of my birds, but it sure has me worried. My set up is basically composed of chain-link dog kennel panels.

I have had a few birds along the way that fit your description. It sounds to me like, yes, she has some respiratory issue from the heat. I use Tylan injectable 1ml down the throat to take care of that. In 2-3 treatments, they are back to running and eating. However,.... the off balance thing sounds like you have another matter in this. It is my experience that when they start the wobblies like that, that they don't bounce back. It isn't always worth the time and effort of sending them off to necro either unless you just HAVE to know.
I hope she rebounds for you. If you haven't treated her with anything, I am 110% behind the treatment I suggested. I know it works on chickens and turkeys alike, except the turkeys need a high dosage due to size. For juveniles I use .5ml

Thanks for this. What is the strength on the Tylan bottle?
Thnx

I have had a few birds along the way that fit your description. It sounds to me like, yes, she has some respiratory issue from the heat. I use Tylan injectable 1ml down the throat to take care of that. In 2-3 treatments, they are back to running and eating. However,.... the off balance thing sounds like you have another matter in this. It is my experience that when they start the wobblies like that, that they don't bounce back. It isn't always worth the time and effort of sending them off to necro either unless you just HAVE to know.
I hope she rebounds for you. If you haven't treated her with anything, I am 110% behind the treatment I suggested. I know it works on chickens and turkeys alike, except the turkeys need a high dosage due to size. For juveniles I use .5ml

Im sorry, I dont believe I ever thanked you for your advice!

Sadly, I lost my little girl. I did do Tylan injections, not down the throat because she had troubles swallowing/drinking/breathing, but under the skin. She just kept getting worse and worse to the point where I stopped the antibiotics a few days after I started because she was struggling with her balancing soooo terribly. She would be in the splits position in her basket flapping around and bobbing her head. It was so incredibly heartbreaking. She wasnt eating, drinking and became very weak despite my efforts to syringe feed her. I had my dad check on her while I was away from the house yesterday and he said he had to end her misery.

hit.gif

RIP Baby Girl- Nancy

She was such a sweetie pie, a little shy and timid being the lowest on the pecking order. We didnt get much time to bond because she was such a broody little thing but the times I had with her, were so precious to me. She would always close her eyes and relax when I held her.

Last edited:
Im sorry, I dont believe I ever thanked you for your advice!

Sadly, I lost my little girl. I did do Tylan injections, not down the throat because she had troubles swallowing/drinking/breathing, but under the skin. She just kept getting worse and worse to the point where I stopped the antibiotics a few days after I started because she was struggling with her balancing soooo terribly. She would be in the splits position in her basket flapping around and bobbing her head. It was so incredibly heartbreaking. She wasnt eating, drinking and became very weak despite my efforts to syringe feed her. I had my dad check on her while I was away from the house yesterday and he said he had to end her misery.

hit.gif

RIP Baby Girl- Nancy

She was such a sweetie pie, a little shy and timid being the lowest on the pecking order. We didnt get much time to bond because she was such a broody little thing but the times I had with her, were so precious to me. She would always close her eyes and relax when I held her.

Sorry you lost her. Some just have things happen that there is no explanation for. If you did right by her and treated her well while you had her, then that is the best you can do. I am sorry my advice couldn't make it better though.

Back
Top Bottom