Minnesota!

We have an almost 4 month old dark brahma rooster that needs to be rehomed. Started learning how to crow just this morning, meaning it's unfortunately time to go. We don't want to risk our whole flock to neighbor complaints.

He's a sweet, social guy. As a chick he was my favorite, the first to hop out of the brooder and climb up onto my shoulder. Hasn't shown any high levels of aggression yet, at least no more than the girls. He's a handsome guy with iridescent green tail feathers coming in.

We're in the St Paul, MN area and willing to drive him a reasonable distance to a good home. Also willing to help by providing feed.
I live WI, but border MN. I am by La Crosse, La Crescent, Winona area. The MN state board is not very active.
To far for me to rehome.
Craigslist, facebook marketplace.?

Reducing my flock. I have 30 layers for sale. $25 each

We are in Rosemount, MN

Attachments

• layer hens.jpeg
    layer hens.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
I just found out over on What Breed or Gender is This? that I have a male olive egger cockerel (the red one in front) who is 10 weeks old. I can't have a rooster in my city. Anyone interested in providing a good home for him? If you had a hen to trade, that would be great, but willing to just let him go as well. I'm in the Twin Cities area. See photo below.

IMG_2603.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a newbie chicken owner from southern Minnesota - Watonwan County. I'm interested in butchering my own chickens but could use some guidance. Does anyone hold classes near me or have any tips?

I'm a newbie chicken owner from southern Minnesota - Watonwan County. I'm interested in butchering my own chickens but could use some guidance. Does anyone hold classes near me or have any tips?
Hi, I live in WI on the border MN. I am in both threads
Anyway I was just going to suggest if you have any Amish by you, either you could pay them and or they could teach you. I take my chickens to the Amish 35 min north of me. I hate butchering chickens.
You could post a note on craigslist, facebook market place someone in your area may help you.
There is also youtube videos.
Last but not least use the search option on this website. Somebody might have something wrote up.
Some people instead of pulling feathers skin them.
I use hot water. The water temp is important. To cold feathers do not come out so easy, to hot you cook the bird and the skin comes off with feathers.
MN thread is not very active
Good Luck To You

We are downsizing on our hobby farm. We have California Grey, Australorp, Jersey Giant, Buff Orpington and Golden Laced Wyandotte. They are older hens so are laying only sporadically.
They would be a great place to start for someone who has bought property and wants to start the animal experience. They are kind, calm girls and love being around people.
Used to mingling with dogs, cats, goats, ponies and geese.
Favorite pastimes for the girls are: catching bugs, eating night crawlers, catching mice, dustbaths,
and sunbathing.
The girls love watermelon, meal worms, bird seed, scratch and restaurant leftovers.

We are in the south metro area but are willing to deliver them to good home Within a 100 miles or so.

Lisa

Any advice for keeping chickens in Minnesotas harsh seasons?
What kind of coop do you need?
What kind of breeds do you guys have/recommend?
What breeds won't tolerate extreme cold?
Can chickens free range during our winters?
Is there a certain diet that they need during the colder months?

Any advice would help!

Back
Top Bottom