Minnesota!

Welcome Mistahbue, I am in Hermantown so not too far from you. For egg layers I would suggest Chanteclers, Buckeyes, Welsummers, Marans and Ameraucanas or EEs.
That should give a good mix of colors.
I have a flock of Guineas for tick patrol. It is comprised of Lavendars and Blues, but am down to 1 hen and 5 cocks. As of late the hen has taken to setting a nest of eggs, and most of the cocks stay out at night with her as guards I guess. This is a new one for me, and it is literally impossible to herd Guineas into the coop if they have decided they don't wish to go there.
I suspect they will not last until hatch, as there are many predators around. However Ralphie, there are no Gators or Pythons or Constrictors here as there are in Florida. I suggest that you get out of the swamp and return to God's Country as soon as possible!

Welcome Mistahbue, I am in Hermantown so not too far from you. For egg layers I would suggest Chanteclers, Buckeyes, Welsummers, Marans and Ameraucanas or EEs.
That should give a good mix of colors.
I have a flock of Guineas for tick patrol. It is comprised of Lavendars and Blues, but am down to 1 hen and 5 cocks. As of late the hen has taken to setting a nest of eggs, and most of the cocks stay out at night with her as guards I guess. This is a new one for me, and it is literally impossible to herd Guineas into the coop if they have decided they don't wish to go there.
I suspect they will not last until hatch, as there are many predators around. However Ralphie, there are no Gators or Pythons or Constrictors here as there are in Florida. I suggest that you get out of the swamp and return to God's Country as soon as possible!

Amen to that!..

Rubadubdub its Morticia in the tub
love.gif

Yesterday the girls were so warm, hot, panting, and miserable, so I grabbed each one and placed her in a tub with cool (not cold) water and splashed water on their legs and bellies. When I got to Morticia, I put her in there, splashed her a couple of times and she sank right down and stayed in there about 5 minutes enjoying the nice cool water, lol, soooo cute!
What a great idea!!

Hello all. I have been away from the forum for a little while do to work and a few other things. My coop is coming along and all the chicks but one are doing fine the other one has been having troubles with constipation since day one it seems. I have helped her pass im sure half a dozen times since I tecieved them. I wonder since none of the other birds have had any issues, this girl just has something wrong with her internally? Anyways I was surfing the web and came across this bird im sure its an egger of some sort. Any of you who know a thing or two about breeding or getting certain traits could tell me how I might get a bird like this? I think she is.beautiful.

And yes that looks like an EE.

This is my hen. Almost identical just have a bigger beard and muff.

This is the roo she is in and I have hatched her eggs.

If u want I could get u some hatching eggs or chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom