Minnesota!

Hi Jim I do not have any eggs, no one is laying yet. I got 2 dozen Auracana eggs from a gal and she meet me in Perham. She is on craigs list I will pm you her number.

BBP: "Cochins" that posted the pics of the goose is friends of Denise that took "Amery"

Cochins: BBP Is the one that I hatched "Amery" from and most of my chickens have come from-including :Mickey" LOL

BBP: "Cochins" that posted the pics of the goose is friends of Denise that took "Amery"

Cochins: BBP Is the one that I hatched "Amery" from and most of my chickens have come from-including :Mickey" LOL
Nice to meet you BBP!
highfive.gif
haha.

Anyone else getting hit by this storm? Currently there's lightning, thunder, and freezing rain.
he.gif
I'd better go get the newly hatched chicks from the barn in case the electricity goes out.

Last edited:
I have some more cochins hatching right now. And brahmas, and some project color orpingtons. I have broody hens, so I'm not very smart to have 3 incubators going. I think when "the storm" passes and it warms up a little I'll shove some eggs under them.

I have some more cochins hatching right now. And brahmas, and some project color orpingtons. I have broody hens, so I'm not very smart to have 3 incubators going. I think when "the storm" passes and it warms up a little I'll shove some eggs under them.

May I ask what varieties of cochins? I LOVE my cochins, haha.

and I enjoy incubating more than broody hens. It's always an exciting experience and usually the chicks are more friendly.

I just hatched out some lovely BBS Cochins and Orpingtons, Welsummers, Buckeyes, Easter Eggers and New Hampshires. Oh and Silkies, Buff and off-colored.
They are just waiting for someone to come and snatch them up ;)

My cochins are a lemon blue bantam project. And one of my orpington project eggs hatched out with down on the legs today!!!! Guess my cochin rooster is the father of that one too. It looks blue, maybe it will get the lemon lacing and I'll have a big, goofy looking lemon blue chicken running around here. I guess I'll put that hen back in the orpington breeding pen and wait another 3 weeks to save eggs. I'm not real sure what happened there . . .

Back
Top Bottom