Minnesota!

Nameless is a half a step from becoming headless.
lau.gif

You failed to tell us how your space bar got sticky.... enquiring minds want to know. This inquiring mind would like to know as well. My only explanation right now is "I have two kids."

Took a little video of the spoiled babies in their jungle gym. I hope you enjoy!

Edited to add that I don't know how to upload video via mobile! Ha. Anyways its loading on Youtube and I'll put it on once it's done cooking.

Last edited:
I SUGGEST THAT THOSE HAVING EGG PRODUCTION PROBLEMS WITH THEIR HENS DO THIS. GATHER THEM AROUND AND EXPLAIN THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO LAY ON A REGULAR BASIS, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY THAT DON'T THEN CONFORM ASK THEM THEIR THOUGHTS REGARDING CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS ?
I tell them I have new decorations for their pens, KFC posters. Upon hearing KFC, they begin giving me the little round treasures from their butts again ;)

Nameless is a half a step from becoming headless.
lau.gif

You failed to tell us how your space bar got sticky.... enquiring minds want to know. This inquiring mind would like to know as well. My only explanation right now is "I have two kids."
Two kids and you only have one sticky space bar...your kids must be well-behaved little angels. Or maybe its a very new computer?

Well things here on the Triplell Farm SUCKS!!!! DH is making it very hard for me to keep any chickens past March. He wants them all gone at the Pierz Auction. At this time we are seperated and he's in control of all $ as i dont have an income.

Cream Legbars are all for sale...$150.00 a Trio x 2
I also have many S.Q. B/B LF Cochins $150.00 a Trio x 4 obo
Plus a Pair of Splash LF Cochins plus 1 that hasnt decided what it is.
5 Red Sexlinks and another that is molting and they attacked her. Right now she is seperated. $10 each

I'm fighting to keep my Bantam trios x 2.
I hate to do tbis as they are all my babies. The Legbars are from Greenfire Farms lines C & D. The Cochins started from Minniechickmama's lines. I have breed them for Show Quality and have done awesome at our county fairs. The Judges keep asking me to take them to Hutch and show as they feel these will compete very well.

Thank you Minnie for such a wonderful start.

If you are interested or have questions just PM me.

Triplell

Last edited:
Today must be one of the coldest days we have had!

I know the thermometer does not reflect my sentiments, but I just came in from doing chores. I was out for about 50 minutes and my sinuses are frozen, my checks and my nose is dripping from the cold. It is not a pleasant day.

The birds all went outside with no problems, but I bet they are headed to the topper to hide. Even the guineas are inside today and we a know how dumb they are!

Ed and Ole are in the same coop as the guineas but separated by netting and fence. They share a covered run with each other. I can let either or both into the run. I let Ed and Ole have it yesterday, so today is the guineas day. I doubt they will use it. I tried putting them together the yesterday for a bit, but the guineas were bullying and harassing Ed an Ole. Next year I need a coop and run just for the guineas, I like having them, but they are such little gangsters and criminals they cannot be with other birds, even in free ranging they cause me trouble. The only good thing is the turkeys step in when they start to harass the chickens and keep order.

hey tripell, hang in there! that sounds very hard, and I hate to be a pollyanna, but.....you will get thru it. Keeping my fingers crossed you find the best path forward.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you need to get rid of your birds Triplell. That would be horrible.

I agree Ralphie, extremely cold out there. On the plus side, with the green house panels around my run it is 26 degrees in there right now (-8 out), the ladies have no clue!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom