Minnesota!

I have the best news to share!!!
Federal Wildlife peeps were here today and for public safety there are now 3 traps set up to catch the young yearling wolf that has made itself home here!!
The guy today was the same one here before. He told me some of the game camera shots showed it was without a doubt wolf. I even had a print covered with a cookie tin for him to see!!
yesss.gif

When he pulled up today I must have looked like a daycare center. I had about 15 kids running around the yard. He noticed and said something about the safety of the kids. I am relieved. And I know my kids will sleep better and feel more confident going outside to play.

Well the inside of the run is coming together for the winter.. there is still more i want to do... there is about a 12 inch gap from plastic to the underside of the metal roof just not noticeable in pics..

coffee, that is absolutely beautiful! I bet you will spend time there this winter, I know I would. Looks fabulous. cozy and dry! If you have leaves in your yard, keep them and toss them in the run in the winter. you can throw some scratch on the ground and they will be happy happy happy scratching around. this is sooo cool!

I finally got my coop for the most part winterized. I finally finished my poop board project I had been putting off, got the top of the run tarped and the sides wrapped in stupidly over-priced clear plastic that im sure wont hold up anyways, and picked up two of them fancy rubber water bowls yall speak so highly of(and I see why).

Question, do you leave the feed and water out in the run in the winter? I figured I would to hopefully help on keeping the moisture down.
OK you know we must see a pic of the poopboard and coop RIGHT,,,, the highlights of our day are pics of anything to do with chickens and such...LOL...

Hi all - new here from Roseville, MN. Anyone in the area?! My family is starting the planning process for getting our chickens and coops next Spring. Any helpful tips/threads to look at for getting started? I have gotten a number of books from the library, but would love some local MN advice. What have you found works best for 3-4 hens, keeping coop maintained, coop styles, keeping predators out, keeping hens warm enough in the winter, etc?

Thanks for any help! This is a wealth of information, but a bit intimidating to sort through to a newbie :)
welcome-byc.gif

Quote: In the link to the thread I posted, under the 4th photo down it says "Here is a better look at how it is attached (above). There is an aluminum plate on the bottom of the cinder block to keep any wood from coming into contact with the heat or electrical components."

Well the inside of the run is coming together for the winter.. there is still more i want to do... there is about a 12 inch gap from plastic to the underside of the metal roof just not noticeable in pics..

That is so awesome!

Back
Top Bottom