Minnesota!

Hi everyone,

I am from southwestern Minnesota, out on the prairie. I love seeing everyone's pics and learning from everyone's tips!

Missy
Welcome!!
welcome-byc.gif
Please post some pictures of your birds and coop or whatever! Are you anywhere near Morris?

Welcome!! :welcome  Please post some pictures of your birds and coop or whatever! Are you anywhere near Morris?

I actually moved away from Morris about three years ago. I lived in an apartment building then so I wouldn't have been able to raise backyard chickens. ;)

I live an hour and a half drive south of Morris now. Still close to Highway 59.

I have four chicks. 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 ISA Browns. You can see them below.

[VIDEO]

Welcome, Missy - I love your avatar design, its gorgeous.

On day 3 of acclimating the quail to the great wild world. Not working so great. They seem to get a little panicky and do the chicken thing of running frantically back and forth along the run to get back in, but never quite far enough to get back to the opening. I might have to build an extension to the run that is open on one side....so they could more easily venture out with a much much bigger opening.

the silkie seems to be broody, pretty soon I'll have to let her set.

Ah, I see your egg tricks....

Do your cochins go broody a lot?
lau.gif
Go look up broody in the dictionary, it has a picture of a Cochin! (just kidding, but it should!) Both of my Splash hens are broody right now and I think i have a Blue one thinking about it. I think they are clean from mites now, so it is time for the first batch of them to go!

Oops, let me amend that. Next to the picture of the Cochin is a Silkie!!!! Thanks for reminding me, @lalaland !
gig.gif

Last edited:
WARNING!!!! ALL NEWCOMERS, BEWARE OF @holm25 , he is a poultry enabler! Run quick before he works his magic and sends you home with ducks and chickens and turkeys and geese!!!! You have been warned!!!

and hey, Holm, when do you want to come and get your Buckeyes?
big_smile.png

WARNING!!!!  ALL NEWCOMERS, BEWARE OF @holm25
 , he is a poultry enabler!   Run quick before he works his magic and sends you home with ducks and chickens and turkeys and geese!!!!  You have been warned!!!

and hey, Holm, when do you want to come and get your Buckeyes? :D

When are they ready
1f602.png
? Lol

Between Minnie and I none of u stand a chance
1f602.png
. U will end up with some fancy poultry from her and goffy looking ones from me
1f602.png

Welcome, Missy - I love your avatar design, its gorgeous.

On day 3 of acclimating the quail to the great wild world.  Not working so great.  They seem to get a little panicky and do the chicken thing of running frantically back and forth along the run to get back in, but never quite far enough to get back to the opening.  I might have to build an extension to the run that is open on one side....so they could more easily venture out with a much much bigger opening.

the silkie seems to be broody,  pretty soon I'll have to let her set.

Thanks Lalaland. It was a free clip art I found in a Google search.

How many days does it take to acclimate quail? I would think if you open the door they would love to go out and explore.

I actually moved away from Morris about three years ago. I lived in an apartment building then so I wouldn't have been able to raise backyard chickens.
wink.png

I live an hour and a half drive south of Morris now. Still close to Highway 59.

I have four chicks. 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 ISA Browns. You can see them below.
Oh cool! Beautiful chicks! What exactly are ISA browns??

When are they ready
1f602.png
? Lol

Between Minnie and I none of u stand a chance
1f602.png
. U will end up with some fancy poultry from her and goffy looking ones from me
1f602.png
Well can one of you enable me into Pintail ducks and Canada geese??
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom