Minnesota!

I'm calling bull
1f602.png
I am jk Nathan. I have only had Perkins over the winter so maybe that's the issue. BTW someone is coming to get my Pekin I think!
1f600.png
lau.gif
Yeah, a laying breed would probably do better. That's great!

I'm in Minneapolis and new to BYC- my six hens are about 8 months old. Three of them were laying 1x per day, but I moved them to a new coop about a month ago and now it's dropped to 2x/week
idunno.gif

Hoping they get back into the groove soon! And that the other three finally start laying? They seem to like their new space at least.
Anyone else here in Mpls??

I'm in Minneapolis and new to BYC- my six hens are about 8 months old. Three of them were laying 1x per day, but I moved them to a new coop about a month ago and now it's dropped to 2x/week :idunno

Hoping they get back into the groove soon! And that the other three finally start laying? They seem to like their new space at least. 

Welcome! There I quite a few people from Minneapolis here.

When you move birds they can drop in production for awhile. At least mine did.

Quote: Good for her!
thumbsup.gif
Are her eggs bigger than most duck eggs?

Quote: Welcome to BYD!
frow.gif
I don't have chickens so I'm not sure about that. I'm around 3 hours from Minneapolis, but I know a couple people raising birds in that area.

I'm in Minneapolis and new to BYC- my six hens are about 8 months old. Three of them were laying 1x per day, but I moved them to a new coop about a month ago and now it's dropped to 2x/week
idunno.gif

welcome-byc.gif

It could be the move, or it could be the time of year. most likely the time of year. Chickens need 14 hours of light to lay an egg, so production will drop in the winter. Usually if a pullet has not started laying by November, they won't start until the days start getting longer. So, for the other three, you might not see eggs out of them until Jan, Feb, or March. I am not from Mpls, There used to be a couple on here from Mpls, but i've not seen them in awhile. I live in Nowthen.

Back
Top Bottom