Minnesota!

Is anyone else gardening today?

I helped my daughter plant a flower seed. Does that count??
1f606.png

I have a feeling I am going to be stuck to gardening out of pots again this year.
On a side note, I figured out how to get my lazy Pekin drake to get up and move. Just pick up his girlfriend and walk away.
1f602.png
1f606.png

He was running behind me quaking away, so I put her down and picked him up...she looked at him, gave him a piece of her mind and stormed off to the coop. LOL
1f602.png
1f602.png

Boy did I get the stink eye from him over that.
1f602.png

Last edited:
I helped my daughter plant a flower seed. Does that count??
1f606.png

I have a feeling I am going to be stuck to gardening out of pots again this year.
On a side note, I figured out how to get my lazy Pekin drake to get up and move. Just pick up his girlfriend and walk away.
1f602.png
1f606.png

He was running behind me quaking away, so I put her down and picked him up...she looked at him, gave him a piece of her mind and stormed off to the coop. LOL
1f602.png
1f602.png

Boy did I get the stink eye from him over that.
1f602.png

You know the way to handle a nasty gander? Let him charge you and when he gets close, side step and scoop him up and carry him around. The humiliation will make him leave you alone. So, I read ;)

You know the way to handle a nasty gander?  Let him charge you and when he gets close, side step and scoop him up and carry him around.  The humiliation will  make him leave you alone.  So, I read ;)

Henry us a good boy, even let's my 2yr old pet him. He's just a lazy boy. Lol
I will have to keep that in mind and give it a try if I get a nasty one. Lol

Sitting here stuck in the chicken coop, since the rain we are not supposed to get decided it was going to pour right when I got out here. LOL
Just chilling with the hens watching the rain.
1f606.png

We are on year two of these dumb birds laying their eggs in the middle of our driveway. They are killdeer, and their eggs are in that strip in the middle of the drive that the tires straddle when we drive in and out. Last year there were 4 eggs, and I only saw 2 when I checked this weekend. They may have added more, but not sure. How crazy! They are cute though:

OH and you would not believe those little birds could lay the size eggs they do!!!!!! OWWWWWWW!!!!
We had these at work in the parking lot. Mass emails and notices on the door kept them alive.

Hey everyone - whoever said that Bielefelders aren't broody didn't send the memo to this Bielemama. She's the proud parent of five fluffy butts.

How is everyone?
She is a pretty one!!! We are raising some new chicks. All of our older hens have slowed way down so they will be going to a friends farm in the country at the end of this year.

Is anyone else gardening today?
I did all mine last weekend!! :) Mine is small though. Gotta keep some backyard for people.

It is a good thing I started my tomatoes and peppers late because it is going to be too cold and wet to put them out until June 1st or so. Onions are coming along, so are the potatoes and the cabbage family and peas I started from seed outside. Garlic is looking amazing!

Back
Top Bottom