Minnesota!

Greetings my fellow MInnesotans!! I am new and have been told to introduce myself so here I am. I live in northern MN and I have honestly lost count of how many chickens I have, but it's roughly around 4 dozen. I have quite a few different breeds and a few "barnyard" mixes. I had chickens growing up as a child and have recently gotten into chickens agaim about 1 1/2 yrs ago. My favorite part is seeing what chicks hatch out/color/gender/grown up egg color. I eventually want to get the deep dark marans colored eggs and some interesting different shades of green and blue eggs. :)

I am still here, though not often. I am back in school and it takes up a lot of my time, and I took a year off from doing my usual chicken overloading. I am looking forward to setting the lights on time in about a month and getting eggs set in December for some January hatching to get show birds for my daughter and I. I will be selling hatching eggs too from New Hampshires, Bantam Salmon Faverolles, Welsummers and Easter Eggers. My biggest focus IS Buckeyes, but since I have run into some color issues, I only sell those for laying flocks and backyard birds, not showing for 4-H or other until I get that color thing sorted out.

I am still here, though not often. I am back in school and it takes up a lot of my time, and I took a year off from doing my usual chicken overloading. I am looking forward to setting the lights on time in about a month and getting eggs set in December for some January hatching to get show birds for my daughter and I. I will be selling hatching eggs too from New Hampshires, Bantam Salmon Faverolles, Welsummers and Easter Eggers. My biggest focus IS Buckeyes, but since I have run into some color issues, I only sell those for laying flocks and backyard birds, not showing for 4-H or other until I get that color thing sorted out.
When I am at Hutch I am gonna see if I can maybe run into Urch and see if he has any extra Buckeyes running around... it's a little late for that but you never know!

Hi everybody! Boy, it's probably been at least a year since I've been on BYC. I've been busy with my new horse and getting a barn built for him and his pony friend. The building is up but we're working on getting electric down to it now. We need to hurry up, they're predicting 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow! :barnie
The chickens are doing good, molting of course. I obtained a bantam rooster by accident this summer LOL. My friend had a hen and chicks and something ate them all except for this one little baby, and I happened to have a broody at the time so I took the orphan and gave it to her. It turned out to be a rooster, I never wanted to have one but he's cool so far. Doesn't crow too much and he's half the size of my girls so they can put him in his place pretty easily.
Hope everybody is doing well :frow

Back
Top Bottom