Minorca thread!

Pics
Thought I would share a couple pictures of some of our Minorcas. First picture is of my breeding trio this year of a SC Black male with two RC Black females. Second photo is of one our young SC chicks who looks to have a very long back.

LL

LL

Buff Leghorn bantam X Black Minorca bantam

F2 generation Minorca standard X Minorca bantam, blues

The blacks

And 2 black Minorca bantams

Waiting for my Buff Minorcas from McMurray.
I just received some Buff Minorca from McMurray on June 8th. I have always been happy with their Buffs. Last summer I received some very large pullets from them. They lay a very large egg. This year I also ordered Buffs from Sandhill, so will be interested to see how they compare. I will tell you that I am not happy with any of the Blacks I received from McMurray, and am hopeful that my Blacks from Sandhill will be closer to type. Good Luck!

Quote: I was on the fence about trying the Blacks but decided not to for now. Thanks for the input on their Buffs/Blacks. I can hardly wait for that early am phone call. I have had one Buff Minorca from McMurray before but got rid of her as she started laying eggs. She was a loner being the only Minorca and was always out of the pen. I should have waited for her to get to her hen weight- she would have had a more difficult time hopping that fence LOL.

I was on the fence about trying the Blacks but decided not to for now. Thanks for the input on their Buffs/Blacks. I can hardly wait for that early am phone call. I have had one Buff Minorca from McMurray before but got rid of her as she started laying eggs. She was a loner being the only Minorca and was always out of the pen. I should have waited for her to get to her hen weight- she would have had a more difficult time hopping that fence LOL.
Yes, the Buffs are large and as I have stated in previous posts I even had one go broody. I will likely mix my Sand Hill stock in with the McMurray and breed them to see what I get.

Keep us posted as how they compare to each other in type and size,and also to the standard. The whites are rare and a good flock of them would be very helpful to several interested in breeding them and making rose combed white minorcas.
Dan,
I received one cockerel of the White Minorca and the rest are pullets. My question is that the cockerel, although already quite tall and handsome, has a crooked toe. Would he pass this on when used to breed?

Back
Top Bottom