Miserable

hope07

Hatching
Dec 26, 2016
I am thankful to find this site. I have been feeling so alone and like I am losing it. Now I see I am not alone. My daughter began dating a young man almost three years ago. He was a good friend and had been wanting g to date her . She is now almost 19 and he is 18 and a half. The quickly became very attached and we, she, he, and his parents felt they were definitely the one for each other. The families became very close and he spent all his time with us: vacations, holidays, birthdays, every family event. She also went to all his family events. They balance each other so well. She learned to lighten up and not be so serious and hard on herself and laugh and have fun. She taught him to be more serious about school, get involved in community service and elevated him socially. They complimented each other so well. Their greatest challenge is she seemed more mature than him ready for college this past fall. He,though her age, is a grade behind and a senior in high school this year as she started a local community college and lives at home. He has been very dependent on her being with him at school. As soon as his senior year started he became flirty with all the girls. He ended up cheating on her not long after school started.After confessing he begged her to give him another chance. Then two weeks later broke up with her on the phone saying he couldn't take her questions of suspicions of other girls. She was devastated and begged him not to break up. He was so mean to her on the phone and said they needed to break up. Now he has been like a son to me and my husband, a brother to her older brothers, a part of the family. She has been the same in his family. His mother and I have become best friends and are having a hard time. He started dating a girl completely opposite of my daughter within two weeks of their breakup. Even his best friends say he has changed into someone they don't know. He hangs out with people he never did before not bad prople just different. She immediately stopped contacting him and is doing all the recommended things: being with friends, went in two dates with two different guys but didn't see anything in either one of them, focusing g in college (4.0 GPA), spending time with family etc. she says she is okay but told me she misses him but is bitter bc he cheated. Despite all this, I am grieving g their breakup and know she still hopes he does some maturing when he goes to college and comes back to her. I still think they are made for each other. We miss him terribly. The hardest part for me is I have to see him daily and he just ignores me like he doesn't know me. I am so hurt. i am trying to convince myself that he needs to mature and she needs time to get past his cheating. He is from a good family. They both seemed so in love and then wham all this happened. I am trying to let go and Let God but it is hard seeing him everyday and being rejected by him and seeing him with someone else. He acts so childish and immature. Yet, I still feel they are meant to be but at different maturity levels. We still love him and he fits in our family so well as she does in his. I am praying for them to get back together.

Edited by staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
We spent 7 years with our girl . She ignores me . It hurts deeply . Moving on is so hard for me . I am trying . My son has a new friend . She is a really nice person . Seems perfect for him. But I sure do miss my girl .

Back
Top Bottom