Missing Chicken: Questions

How tall it the fence? Foxes, bobcats, and coyotes can jump a 5 foot fence fairly easy, sometimes a 6 foot. Racoons and possums can climb any fence if there is no top. Owls and hawks will almost always leave feathers. Totally disappeared/no trace birds make me think of a coyote or bobcat first.
I have a 5 foot fence that I put an 2ft extension on with 1ft arm that makes a 45degree bend pointing outward. And now the net attaches to the arms to completely enclose the yard it's approximately 40 x 100 area. The only wildlife I have ever seen was an armadillo, snakes, wild hogs, and flying predators of varying sizes. I guessed it to be a big bird that swooped in and grabbed a chicken then flew off to eat it.

I have a 5 foot fence that I put an 2ft extension on with 1ft arm that makes a 45degree bend pointing outward. And now the net attaches to the arms to completely enclose the yard it's approximately 40 x 100 area. The only wildlife I have ever seen was an armadillo, snakes, wild hogs, and flying predators of varying sizes. I guessed it to be a big bird that swooped in and grabbed a chicken then flew off to eat it.

Sounds like and excellent set up. Must have been a hawk/owl/eagle then.

Back
Top Bottom