Missourians

Momma Hen

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Missouri
Greetings from SW Missouri! Owner of too many chickens (is that possible) & buying more! Stay-home-mom to 3 kids & wonderful hubby. 3 cats & 1 dog. Small hobby flock working towards expansion. Also jumping back into raising rabbits- specializing in Mini Rex. Hi y'all!

Hello you two! New member on here!

I'm in the Ozarks of MO... Mountain Grove. Anyone near me??

I just got my first flock... 27, 4 week old pullets and 3 ducks. I also have 2 full grown roosters. Got the roosters first... I know "ODD". ^_^

Anyway... excited about having eggs this year and hopefully getting the kiddos into 4H, maybe even showing at the fair.

I'm a stay at home mom as well and homeschool my 7 year old son, and 5 year old daughter.

We also have 2 dogs, 2 horses, and 1 cat.

Cricket

Hi Momma Hen! I'm not actually in Missouri, but I live in SE Kansas, less than an hour from the Missouri and Oklahoma borders. I often end up going over to Joplin, MO to shop. Welcome to the forum.
smile.png

Howdy All!

I'm a new kid in town. I live in the Kansas City Area. I own 3 backyard hens for eggs and raise all of my own chicken for the freezer on my daughters acreage. I have owned chickens all of my life and was a 4-H Poultry and Equine leader for my county for many years. I have served as poultry judge for small fun shows as well. I am currently working on a coop design for backyarders that I will soon have for sale. It will be fun being part of your forum. I hope that I can learn from you and help where I can.

farmfresh

Hello all, I am so glad to find some fellow Missourians and those who live close by. I live outside Hartville, MO. Down south. I have just recently retired and have just bought my first small flock, five chickens and two guineas. We also have four Shih Tzu dogs...in the house.. three cats round us off.
I have had my chickens for a week now and they accidentally got out of the pen this morning. I looked like a worried hen as I was afraid they hadn't been locked up long enough to return to their roosts. But by noon they all came back into their pen. I was very relieved to see them all. Now I know I can let them free range and they will return. I only wonder how I will add to the flock? I assume the newbies will follow the established flock. It is a trial and error learning process for me.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom