Mites that won't die... HELP

Any spray bottle
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 2.15.35 PM.png

Do you only do a few sprays or like saturate the bird? Also when does the ivermectin wear off? It seems to have worked for my non crested birds but they still hve eggs on them. All of my crested birds have the mites in the crest so I've been dusting them because the ivermectin didn't get the crest mites

The directions will give target/ maximum amount of the spray per bird, and use less for bantams. In my experience with mites, it took much less spray than the maximum amount listed to do the job. Don't overdue! Mary

Do I need to redose my non crested with ivermectin again yet or is that still in their systems from Sunday?
Ivermectin stays in the system for quite a while is my understanding. Are you withholding your eggs since it is systemic and goes into their blood? And for how long? It is NOT labeled for chicken use and suggested discussing it with a vet to see what the withdrawal period is before returning to consumption. Also, it DOES say on the label how long to wait between treatment. Doing any more often could be very detrimental to your birds.

My houdan is severely infested. I checked her crest last night and it was full. I dusted her last night and today I just brought her inside and washed her crest the best I could. I was covered in mites myself. She's outside crying now and they I plan to redust her crop and or use the liquid

Back
Top Bottom