mixed sexlink?

mommaford09

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
I bought an assortment of pure bred eggs. I mean I saw how she had them group and cross mating was near impossible if you ask me. Anyways everything hatched correctly and then there is this one.

Not that I am complaining bc I am in love with "her" colors. And good lord please tell me it's a her. LOL I haven't seen any comb or waddle or rooster dance like the others that have hatched with her. She is about a month old now. TIA

She had all of her chickens grouped by breeds and she pulled the egg from her group of mixed sexlinks. And the chickens in there didn't not look like this one. They were all a dark color. I had 2 that hatched from eggs pulled from that coop. One hatched all black with a little tuft of hair and then this one.

Sexlinks are a hybrid, not a breed. Red sexlink hens are red with some white feathers. Black sexlink hens are black with gold around their necks and on the chest. Are you sure the breeder didn't say silkie? It looks like it could be a silkie mix, or a cochin/polish mix.

Sexlinks are a hybrid, not a breed. Red sexlink hens are red with some white feathers. Black sexlink hens are black with gold around their necks and on the chest. Are you sure the breeder didn't say silkie? It looks like it could be a silkie mix, or a cochin/polish mix.
Agreed

Nope she even wrote it on the egg carton that I brought them home in. And now she is telling me that one of my duckwings isn't that at all instead its a seabright. I was thinking it was some kind of silkie or polish mix. Which makes me even more mad because I just bought and hatched silkie eggs before I realized this little one had some funky hair thing going on.

So basically the only thing that hatched true would be my Ameraucaunas. (hopefully!)

Who knows if they were pure bred now or not at this point! Okay well yay if it is a silkie mix or even a polish mixed. And double YAY if it's a hen. I can't take anymore roosters. LOL BTW the silkie part does make sense bc she is softer than any other chick or chicken I have ever held.

Last edited:

The little on on the top of the picture is the one she is telling me is a seabright now and not a duckwing like she wrote down. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom