Mixing pig and chicken feed

kntrybumpkin

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2015
Looking for any suggestions on mixing our own feed grains to make a suitable feed for both our chickens and pigs instead of buying by the bag layer feed and hog feed we have layers and juveniles and feeder pigs would prefer something to make an equally healthy mix to feed both since they share everything anyway we also have ducks, guineas and one turkey any suggestions will be appreciated

Last edited:
All the animals you have mentioned have quite different nutritional needs.
For example, my 12 week old pullets are on grower/finisher (were on chick starter from birth to 10 weeks), my mature hens are on layer pellets, my meaties are on meat bird feed, and my pigs are eating a custom-mixed pig feed w/ minerals added that we purchase from a farmer down the road.
Sorry that I can't help but maybe another member can give you some insight regarding multi-species feed mixology.
Best wishes.

Our juveniles are separate from the others til they start laying but I have heard many people feed their chickens a good show quality pig feed and just let them have extra calcium from oyster shells ive never had the need for extra calcium for ours but was wandering if there is a good grain mix I could use for everyone that would be equally beneficial

Back
Top Bottom