MJ's little flock

The hens rarely have an opportunity to drink from a puddle, so she was really lapping it up (so to speak) šŸ¤£

I don't have a clue what she weighs. She's never given me cause to weigh her. She's been a happy, bonny little one since the day she arrived. Of all the hens, she's the second best runner so I know she has plenty of energy. I also see her eating quite often and she quickly learned to use the treadle feeders.

The wedding was delightful. The best man was the groom's son, only 10 years old, but his speech was fantastically funny! So many loving jokes at his dad's expense. I didn't stop chatting the whole time and completely forgot to take my phone out for photos.
I recommend regular weighings.

Without knowing what Sansa's normal weight was, I would have never known how serious her problems were. Knowing that she was 1.3 kg did not help me much but with the reference that she was normally 2 kg the picture was clear.

Now my guess is that your vet has a record of her weight from her regular visits but it might help if you knew what that was.

I recommend regular weighings.

Without knowing what Sansa's normal weight was, I would have never known how serious her problems were. Knowing that she was 1.3 kg did not help me much but with the reference that she was normally 2 kg the picture was clear.

Now my guess is that your vet has a record of her weight from her regular visits but it might help if you knew what that was.
He does and providing opportunities for weighing the hens are on the cards, but I have many other projects too and not a lot of free time.

A tacked up piece of an old plastic shower curtain would also work.
In my case that'd be a brand new shower curtain as there are no old ones :lol:

I don't think ventilation is an urgent problem. Once a week or so, condensate drips from the center beam. Drips do not fall on the hens.

I have many far more urgent items on my list, eg, going to office on Sunday to catch up on work required for Monday.

Back
Top Bottom