MN wild Mallard with broken wing

We had a vet in our county who was a wild life rehabber also. She has retired from being a vet. Call around there maybe a vet who knows of someone. Or is willing to help him. Not being able to fly sure makes him predator easy. :( Bless you for caring.

I couldn't find anything close in my initial Google search. Everything was closed also. I don't know if a Veterinarian would be willing to do anything. I could call them after work tomorrow.
Try calling the non-emergency number of your local law enforcement agency, they will have the animal control number.

You can call a vet, but it's unlikely the vet will treat the mallard. It's a wild animal and he'd possibly be breaking the law to do it. I think the better choice would be to contact the Wildlife Rehab people and explain the situation to them. Maybe they could intercede with the Vet.

Just an update.
The duck has not returned. ☹ I have purchased some poultry feed supplement, cracked corn and bedding just incase he does return. If he does return, I will certainly let you all know.
I didn't make any calls to look into getting medical attention for him. If he wasn't around it would be a mute point to get that ball rolling.
I am hoping someone else in the area has gotten help for him!

Back
Top Bottom