Modern Game Bantams fully developed chick but never hatched, Why? PICS

PeppermintHen

Songster
12 Years
Sep 5, 2007
San Antonio, TX
There were four eggs to be hatched everything is going great , everyone is pipping and and there is fluffiness everywhere, except this one egg. Whom was ((wiggling)) like hatching eggs do but then stopped. I waited then candled and noticed their were no veins or movement, so I intervened. It looks great but it's dead. Why does this happen? I get one of these every time I hatch chicks.

Last edited:
There were four eggs to be hatched everything is going great , everyone is pipping and and there is fluffiness everywhere, except this one egg. Whom was ((wiggling)) like hatching eggs do but then stopped. I waited then candled and noticed their were no veins or movement, so I intervened. It looks great but it's dead. Why does this happen? I get one of these every time a hatch chicks.

Awwwwww
hmm.png
thats sad. I would have no clue why that would happen, there's usually always a runt in the group I Guess yours just didn't make it.

I had the same problem except none of mine were hatching. They would go to the final day and some would pip and the rest never pipped. I had the humidity in the incubator at 50% like I do with the rest of my chicken eggs and 95% + hatched except my modern eggs. After 2 settings and only 1 egg hatched I asked for help. Someone suggested to lower the humidity and try it. On the next setting I lowered my humidity to 39% at hatching and all hatched. I tried it again with the same setting and all hatched. My conclusion is the modern eggs take a lower humidity setting to hatch. One of my modern hens is laying again and I am getting ready to set some more eggs.
Mark

Mark please help me, this is my first time to incubate moderns. Did you keep it at 39% the whole 3 weeks?
Thanks for the help!

The answer to that is yes. For some reason Modern Game chicks require a lower humidity setting to hatch. Ever since I have lowered My humidity to 38 to 39% almost all of my Modern Game bantam eggs have hatched for me in my incubator. I have the new GQF Genesis Digital incubator and it is much easier to keep the humidity levels monitored. I have put regular chicken eggs in with them and they have not had a problem hatching at the lower humidity settings.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom