Modifications Made On Homemade Fridgebator

Oh hey our due date is the 26th too! Except no bators involved this time (Thank goodness, I'm done with hand turning) we've just got our hens busy bees out there lol.

Hey could you tell us more about the Fridgebator? I'd love to do something like that with our old chest freezer.

Are the heat bulbs regular light bulbs? Are they regulated with a thermostat?

Many Thanks!

Oh hey our due date is the 26th too! Except no bators involved this time (Thank goodness, I'm done with hand turning) we've just got our hens busy bees out there lol.

Congrats on your hens............
thumbsup.gif

Hey could you tell us more about the Fridgebator? I'd love to do something like that with our old chest freezer.

Are the heat bulbs regular light bulbs? Are they regulated with a thermostat?

Many Thanks!

hi.....this fridge in not fancy at all as you can see in my pics.....i just gutted it all and took away what devided the freezer from the fridge......added two 100 w bulbs and a thermostat waffer i got from ebay......first hatch was a crazy one i set 71 eggs and the hatching started abour 4 days early, by the time of hatch date came along i only had 6 eggs left and they also hatched, you can check that thread of 71 eggs on fridgebator (those days were crazy) i had two bators hatching inside the house and then the fridgebator started also, i ended up with over 100 chicks alltogether.....now i also have it with this 200 eggs with 3 different hatch dates 26th, 30, 2, and 6.....
wee.gif

I'm dieing to know how this goes. How do you lock down that many eggs without cooling the whole fridge off? Please post epics of how it goes.

I'm dieing to know how this goes. How do you lock down that many eggs without cooling the whole fridge off? Please post epics of how it goes.

hi.....that makes two of us........
gig.gif
.......just kidding.......i, going to remover the eggs not in lockdown and put them on my other bators .......i have 5 bators total i've made.....hopefully everything goes well.....3 more hrs for lockdown........
clap.gif

ok.....WE ARE IN LOCKDOWN......sad to say out of the 150 eggs i started with the numbers came down.....i went to lockdown at 6pm with 89 eggs.....out of those 89 eggs i found that 3 of them have what i think you'd call a red ring around the airsack....no movement at all....seems that embryo developed and then died and ended up what seems to be blood around the airsack.....
idunno.gif
.........i left them there anyways......so i guess that'll put me on 86 kicking babies inside them eggs......
fl.gif
.....i have humidity at 65% and all other eggs that weren't for lockdown were removed and placed on bators..........
duc.gif
......i guess that's too much talking already.....see you all in 3 days.....maybe less.........
thumbsup.gif
............good luck everyone!

Back
Top Bottom