Moldy waterer! Now 2 sick hens. Crop/ intestinal issues.

I ordered the metronidazole when i thought it was vent gleet. The other hen with the crop issue has a ... gleety vent so I started them both on it. I'll order the others and keep her on this for the 5 days in the meantime and see how it goes.

The Marans lost a lot of weight, still has diarrhea but it's got digested feed in it now instead of being just water. She's on the mend but it's taking a while. Her behind is a mess even though I clean it. :barniebirds!

Given the color and cloudiness of the fluid removed from the Ancona I'm assuming this will be fatal.

How is your BR?

I ordered the metronidazole when i thought it was vent gleet. The other hen with the crop issue has a ... gleety vent so I started them both on it. I'll order the others and keep her on this for the 5 days in the meantime and see how it goes.

The Marans lost a lot of weight, still has diarrhea but it's got digested feed in it now instead of being just water. She's on the mend but it's taking a while. Her behind is a mess even though I clean it. :barniebirds!

Given the color and cloudiness of the fluid removed from the Ancona I'm assuming this will be fatal.

How is your BR?
I hope the Metronidazole helps the Marans!
Can you get a fecal float to test for worms and Coccidiosis as well?
A lot of times Vent Gleet is related to crop issues so I would give her probiotics too (buttermilk or purchased probiotics).

My BR is doing a little better! She's beginning to molt, so likely that helps too since this reduces/stops ovulation. Her crop is still a bit stubborn, but definitely emptying more overnight. She's feisty and still head hen, time will tell how things work out. Thank you for asking :hugs

Back
Top Bottom