Momma did WHAT??????

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio

"I'm Telling you I SAW the reciept! she is 'expecting'!!!!!!!! now hush, here she comes!"

"Midge! come here guess what Sandy told me! Momma expecting! oh my oh my oh myyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! when, how many? what kind???? ohhhhhhhh my oh my oh myyyyyyyyyyy"

"what Momma??? we're not good enough for you anymore?????"

"no, not gonna happen unless you get ME a sister this year Momma. Don't even talk to me about it unless you did"

"OHHHHHHHHH I get this fluffy feeling all over when I know Mommas expecting!!!"

I just told them I placed my order at Meyers today. Momma's expecting!!!!!!!
COME ON FEB. 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 new babies! WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I ended up with:
2 Barred Rocks
1 White Sultan
2 Blue Laced Red Wyandotts
1 EE

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

I lost Daisy this morning. She was the EE - the 'big bully' of the 7.  When I got home from work last night, she seemed to be breathing hard and had her beak slightly open. Just wasnt herself. I instantly got them all started on Tetracycline in their water. Everyone else seemed to be ok. This morning Daisy was a gonner on the floor of the box. I dont know what happened. I hope the rest will be ok. I have never lost a little one before.   :confused:

Aw. :hugs

Sometimes it just happens. I had a close call with my Biddy-bird and frankly, I was surprised she pulled through. Sounds like maybe the same thing? Biddy was kind of gasping for breath on her first night here. She had been chilled from the drive home and I had to clean her rear a few times because of poo sticking to her.

Make sure there are no drafts in your brooder and watch your babies for signs that it's too cold. Do they huddle under their heat source more than they should? Use past experience with chicks if you need to.

Have you been washing your hands or changing your clothes between interacting with your adults and interacting with the babies? Is it possible that you carried something in from the adults? Remember that the babies probably won't have as strong of an immune system as your adults, and so the grown-ups might have something they're immune to that the babies are not yet.

I hope everything's fine and it was not something that the other babies have caught! :fl

ok, ok... i will just cross my fingers... :tongue    lol  but hey, maybe i should just tell DH that she IS a he, and he has to build me a new coop anyway! He wouldnt know the difference. lol

:lau Oh I see. Yes, it most definitely must be a cockerel, then. Don't mind if he starts laying eggs, that's normal for Sultans... :lol: :oops:

Last edited:
What a great build up to the big announcement!

Congratulations! When's the due date?
big_smile.png
Oh, Feb. 4th. Yay!!!

It sounds like you are expecting a nice assortment to add to the flock.

Last edited:
Congratulations... how exciting! New little chickies to cuddle with and spoil. Looking forward to seeing the new baby pics in Feb.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom