monarc23's live quail arrived this AM! :)

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
Since I had such rotten luck with hatching that big batch of quail eggs, I decided I needed to get actual birds instead of more eggs. With my luck I would have sunk more money into eggs than what I paid for my new birdies. monarc23 was great to work with! She was very helpful and was able to provide me with the quail I wanted to start my own little quail population.

The Post Office called me first thing to let me know my quail were here. I couldn't let them sit there, so I hopped in the car and quickly drove down, picked them up and headed back. All of them made the trip! She really sealed up the horizon box so there was no way it was going to pop open and let any of the quail escape. The zip ties were an excellent thought!
thumbsup.gif

Anyway, they are in the hutch and drinking down the water like little fiends.

newquail1.jpg

brownquail1_cassfm.jpg

texasam1_cassfm.jpg

awh great pictures of them too!!! I hope you enjoy them and I hope they are enjoying their relax time in their new home. Yeah I do not like how the horizon boxes come...theres only 4 zipties, and im sorry taht's just not enough! LOL! I always think of the what ifs so I make more holes and zip more ties!
big_smile.png
zipties are so multi-useful i lurv them
big_smile.png

I hope you feel better soon too
hugs.gif

Thank you all!
smile.png
smile.png
It was great to get them today.

They've settled into their home quite nicely... but they wasted a TON of their food! Do they always dig through the food dish like that, Monarc??
smile.png
Oh, I did leave you positive feedback on that BYC buyer/seller feedback thingy.
smile.png

Quote:
Awh thank you SO MUCH for leaving me feedback! Many forget to and it's nice to get it
hugs.gif

As for the feed thing yeppers they will if you give them the opportunity lol! I use round chick feeders that they can barely scratch at because of the way it's built. They probably saw your feeder type and were like WOOHOOO we can scratch and scratch!!!
lau.gif

Oh boy.
bun.gif
I guess I'll be going back to those round feeders!!
smile.png

Thanks, Schultz.
smile.png
I am starting to feel better. Went and seen the doc today and will post an update in there.

Back
Top Bottom